JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-07-2024 07:13 PM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

147 Replies
jme25
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
EXACTLY!!! I was literally just driving and my microphone button disappeared again! That's why I am back on here....to figure out how to get the microphone button back...AGAIN!!! FML 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:
0 Likes
bjj8887
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Sooo can somebody tell Samsung to put the **bleep** microphone back where they found it please?ABOVE THE KEYBOARD! It's too far of a reach for my thumb at the bottom of the screen (right handed) and inconvenient. Aaannnnd the settings to it as well! Like when I'm speaking and I say "question mark" or "period" it's supposed to actually insert the punctuation, NOT INSERT THE ACTUAL WORDS question mark or period at the end of my darn statement!!!!!!! TF🤬🤬🤬 stop touching shi+. This ain't Apple. Our phones work fine as they are.
Members_P1u8djV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Mine wasn't showing in the bottom right. I had to search "touch and hold spacebar" and switch it to "no action".

0 Likes
Arathi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I spent all day looking for this **bleep** thing. Why would they do that I had everything okay. Then they go enforce this stuff. They should at least give you the option before they go. Taking stuff away that you really rely on
0 Likes
Delacia
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I hate having my microphone in the bottom left corner. Can I move it?
0 Likes
Delacia
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Thanks to bjj8887 who found a way to change the space bar to work as a microphone. It works!
0 Likes
userLglcu03hJH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
How do we fight these idiots? Companies like Samdung and Apple have no concern for what their users want ... they force us to makenuseless updates for **bleep** like AI that nobody wants and they Outsource all their support overseas ... im clearly not the only one who feels this way do what cab we do to fight this?
0 Likes
AprilRain66
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Nothing below keyboard
0 Likes
Cam77777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Not that their v2t was great but it would be nice if I kept my basic settings after an upgrade. I use v2t ALL OF THE TIME....now it's gone. Please stop samsung

GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

All you have to do is

Open phone settings

General Management 

Keyboard list and Defaults 

And toggle on Show Keyboard Button on Navigation Bar 

and the Microphone will be in the new location in the bottom Left Corner 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.