JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-08-2024 08:07 AM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
336 Replies
ksstairlifts
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Solved it myself with help from tutorials at xda developers.

Backup phone, installed odin and downgrade firmware, had to flash full_csc and not home_csc. Restore data from backup. Developer options, do not apply auto updates. And its been working properly, except fingerprint scanner never makes 100%, for over a week.

Nothing to do with Google apps, just Scamsung turning your phone into a paperweight, I've been dedicated to Scamsung, last four phones have been S8+, S10+, S21 ultra and S23 ultra and a Galaxy 5 smartwatch, well this debacle has definitely cost you any more business from me.

Leebright
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, did you receive any help from Samsung. I'm experiencing the same with my S21 Ultra

0 Likes
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung is of no help. They will not speak on this issue
manul
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Ami always tells me the software update is interrupted, I don't even get one UI 6, that makes me sad in Florida.
0 Likes
Tomasnl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Typing this with my S Pen bc 6.1 killed my touchscreen too...

0 Likes
vincentDcmps
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Try to downgrade but not work because software revision bit is 'b' on my galxy S21. does someone know how to force downgrade?

0 Likes
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, Everyone - Please make sure to review the accepted solution for the resolution to this - If the troubleshooting listed there did not help service would be required, and you'd need to contact a technician for further assistance: HTTP://www.samsung.com/us/service 

0 Likes