JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Visual voicemails did not transfer

(Topic created: 02-19-2023 07:40 AM)
MalloryRB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
Help recovering visual voicemail from s9? I just upgraded to the s23 from the s9. I used the Samsung switch app to move everything over to the s23 and everything moved except for my voicemails. The voicemail on the s23 is different than the s9 which had visual voicemail. Now, when I try to open the voicemail app on my old phone all of my voicemails are gone and it tells me to use the voicemail app on the new device. I had saved voicemails from my grandma on there and she's since passed away. Please someone help me get those voicemails back. Please. I've tried calling the *86 from my phone and it doesn't give me the option to hear old messages. They have to be somewhere. They were all just there and accessible an hour ago. Please help.
4 Replies
MalloryRB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
This is the message I get on the old phone Screenshot_20230218-231445_Voicemail_1000001015_1676780522.jpg
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@MalloryRB Sorry to hear about your situation. Visual voicemail is a carrier provided service. IME voicemail is not a service which implements the hooks for Smart Switch to properly do the backup. 

Since visual voicemail is a carrier provided service, it is not under the control of Samsung. 

Options
Galaxy S23
Have you tried looking in the phone files to see if you can locate the folder that application stores data in? You should be able to access it using the stock "my files," application. Try looking in the Android folder, then data.. after like for a folder that may say or abbreviate visual voicemail in some way. Good luck
Options
Galaxy S23
☝🏾 have you tried this? For years I've been able to keep old voice mail audio files backed up to a hard drive when I had found the folder where it was stored.