JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Update 6.1 made touchscreen unusable without S Pen

(Topic created: 04-02-2024 03:21 PM)
Lilith66
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

After the update my touch screen will not work unless I use the Spen. Samsung made a comment blaming it on Google?? But I've heard from other people it's been an issue for a couple of years so I'm curious on when they plan to fix it because this is ridiculous, I have some apps where I can only log in with my fingerprint. 

336 Replies
Members_9FgS3bB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Not true. My phone has never had any repairs and i'm having the same problem. Touchscreen completely dead

0 Likes
userH3Zdaf2MM5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Please excuse my ignorance, but what am I looking for when I do this? What will it show if my screen is Samsung or if it's after market? 

0 Likes
TeodorAnd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm also having the same issue.
One of the reason that could be a problem is if i have an aftermarket screen ?
can be made a downgrade to 6.0 , maybe that could work but i'm not sure if that may be possible.

MrsG1420
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I'm having the same issue - only works with stylus after 6.1 update. It's interesting that so many people that are having screen issues happen to have aftermarket screens. My screen broke without being dropped because it's a poor design and poor quality glass. Samsung is well aware of this issue, yet has made no attempts to resolve the problems. Instead, they persecute people who opted for an aftermarket screen due to cost or lack of availability. (So many people had to replace screens that they were backorder for a long time.) Their solution is to upgrade your phone or pay an exorbitant amount of money to have it repaired. After spending $1000+ on this s23 ultra and being a loyal customer since 2010, I will upgrade my phone. However, I will not purchase another Samsung device again.
Options
Galaxy S23
Before the update I never used the spen. It always said unable to connect. And I hav to go through such a process to connect. Now great but annoying
userBFv87OP9mp
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The issue is the aftermarket screen. Once I downgraded to 6.0 using Odin the screen started to respond to touch. The new update 6.1 causes the issues with aftermarket screens.
IanWill
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

Echoing other responses in this thread. If Samsung have decided to put a patch in place to prevent after market displays. This will definitely be the last Samsung product I purchase. This is just outright pure greed, on top of the fact that the S24 had an 8% higher sale rate over the S23, it's not like they are struggling for sales. Like the phones don't cost enough as it is, accidents happen and to have a cheaper make-do replacement is better than forking out half the price of the phone again.

I was considering buying the S24U, I think I'll take my custom elsewhere if this' how Samsung are opting to do business. Well, I'll be opting to not buy another Samsung product. 

If this is the case, VERY disappointed Samsung. 

SweetBabyG_Sus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I totally agree with you. This is a real Apple type move they're doing
fe252
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I'm having the same issues. This is a nightmare. Samsung please fix this. I have been a loyal Samsung user.  I will switch if this can not be resolved. 

DevilDoc8482
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Question...how many of us have a non original screen? I found a post on reddit that seemed to be a common denominator...I had my screen replaced due to damage, worked fine until the update.