Original topic:

Active apps running in background

(Topic created: 07-27-2024 06:45 PM)
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24

Oh wow, lookie here what I just accidentally found - a small line at the top (better there than at the bottom) a line that is now showing us, finally, the apps that are running on the background!! We used to have this function which was always fantastic, but then it disappeared and now it's back! I would tip my hat to whomever thought to bring it back up, but I didn't have a hat! Lol lol, so I'll just say THANK YOU! 

Please, going forward, could you let us know you are updating rather important utilities like that so we know it's there and not by accident. You do provide an update list and I read them but this was not on the last update list of just like a week ago I apologize if it was there and I missed it which is possible because when it comes to security patch updates I skim thru them real fast. 

Best 

Joel
11 Replies
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
Some apps you want or they need to run in background i.e phone features etc others you may not
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Oh yes I know . This feature they just introduced again only tells you what's running and gives you the opportunity to dismiss them (shut down). That doesn't mean they won't run again, I don't think, but at least you can rid it at that moment. I think it's great and I'm pretty sure it's not important system stuff they're showing, just extraneous stuff . For example, I clicked on it and showed me a RADIO app I have never used was running! I thought, good to know and double smacked that one down like a mosquito! Lol don't need that sucking up battery and making my phone scorching hot, right? Not that it's probably using a lot'o power but who knows what others are doing same thing. That's why I missed knowing that for so long.

Hope this makes sense. Thank you for pointing that out though.
meself
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
I got ya and agree
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
This is what I see. It's been there for a while. When the circled number is clicked, it tells me which apps are running in the background.1722140453418.jpg
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
It shows me there's no consistencies in features. If my phone showed me a circle with a number in the center like that I would be trying to figure out what it means. There's no explanation there. If course I would tap on it to find out.
What's funnier, the place where I found mine I couldn't remember where it was! I had a general idea, but I had to try several options before I got it again! Actually it's not funny it's rather frustrating! AND, my notification of running apps in the strangest area and page; I'm like why is this HERE! Seriously makes no sense.

I also noticed yesterday that this COMMENT WINDOW is way too tiny! Can only see 3 lines at a time. Why? I was commenting on stuff on Instagram & Facebook and same thing. One was a little better than the other, but it's nuts to try to write and edit in such a small area!
0 Likes
JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Well, now that I just went back and really looked at where that running apps line is, it's not such a strange place after all. But I do find it strange either I hadn't noticed before a few days ago or that it just showed up like that! At least mine tells me what the number is.

And the small comment window is more cumbersome if you need to edit after it's posted. That's when the tiny window is stupid - I see no reason for it to be small, or not have it expand when tapped like most (most) others do . Lol
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

Yeah, the tiny text/editing window is ridiculous. Really makes editing a chore.

JoJo4360
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
OMG yes! I'm struggling A LOT every day I am. And actually there's many apps with that tiny window. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram I think. I've only been into these things a short time even though I got Facebook some 20 years ago. It was stumbling upon a really fascinating video short that I became addicted to and making comments.

It's kinda sad in a way that I'm now like obsessed with this stuff, but our world has some extremely talented people doing unbelievable things- animals too. My passion is PARROTS. Can't get enough. And because it takes work, real work for people to string together this content it's only right to give them credit, right? So it's real work for me Too. Sigh, heavy sigh. 😂 I love watching though

Thank you, realaud 😉
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24

It's why I prefer to do my commenting on a  computer, the window for the text and the editing is full size and you can see everything.  It's just a *bleep* now because of the seriously unstable re-captcha app.

0 Likes