Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 02-07-2024 03:16 PM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
133 Replies
disappointed custome
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

The same problem here! Even while using USB cable! 

0 Likes
Focr06
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Anyone having issues with android auto with the S24 Ultra? My only works through AAwireless, wired does not work at all. With AAwireless is creating a delay due to the audio cutting off at random times the first 5 mins.. Then it keeps doing it evry other second after 5 mins. Gets to a point that you can't listen to music after 5 mins.

I have never had so many problems with a new phone like I am having with this one. No it's not a bad unit. Because I have two S24 ultra, one for me and one for my mom. I got my mom's first and have been using it for a week and it's just bad, got mine 2 days ago, and they are the same problems. But my main issue is the Dull screen. I can't see if my pictures are good quality or not. Because when someone else receives my picture, they look great.. But on my screen, I can't see if I should fix the colors or not, because it looks horrible on my screen. I work in design and sales, sending my clients a good & accurate picture is part of my job, and I can't do that right now šŸ˜” & now android auto is a problem too... Girl.. No... 

Samsung GET IT TOGETHER GIRL! Otherwise, this is how you're gonna push the last customers you have to the Apple side.. And I've been patiently waiting to not do that.. But I might gonna have to give up on the promise of quality control that is not getting better. 
Zoolander82
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the same problem. I reinstalled android auto on my phone and that fixed it until on my car screen it said it was updating pro logger and then the problem came right back.
LM0nst3R
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Android Auto keeps randomly disconnecting and reconnecting in the span of a second. Sometimes it disconnects completely, other times the music will just cut out for a second then come back. Every time I connect to the car, it's a coin flip wether it will behave or not.

I guess that will teach me to pre-order...
MarkkGomes
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I'm having the same problem on my BMW. Everything is updated to the latest version and this **bleep** keeps happening

0 Likes
Patrick1020
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am facing the same issue with you. It's so annoying...

0 Likes
userDEWbs0FbQ1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I found the answer!

Uninstall any updates

Download and install the APK: 10.3.633404.

The s24 is arm64-v8a

With this version you're phone will be detected by the car. It will prompt you to install the latest version of Android Auto (don't fear) it installs the latest version, but then it still works!

I shut everything off and back on and it still works!

0 Likes
s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

this version is incompatible with the s24 ultra

0 Likes
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

I started this thread and I also posted that my S24U is now working. It is still working with both cable and wireless. The   infuriating part is I don't know exactly what I did to get it to work. I did uninstall all devices from the head unit and reinstalled them. I went looking around in every menu and pushed a lot of buttons on and off. I tried different cables and then went back to the cable that worked with my S23U and it just started working fine. So it is compatible with an S24U and a 2019 CRV at least. I did not change or upgrade any software. I did disconnect the head unit from wifi. 

0 Likes
userDEWbs0FbQ1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Worked for me but I had to uninstall any updates first for it to install.
0 Likes