Original topic:

Android Auto not working even on USB cable

(Topic created: 02-10-2024 09:53 AM)
userzdF4GnjBCf
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto worked on my 2019 Honda CR-V on USB cable and Motorola wireless adapter with my S-23 Ultra just fine. S-24 Ultra it does not work at all with either cable or adapter. Screen comes up and says connect USB cable but does not recognize the connection. Adapter shows loading on CR-V screen but never loads. Is this function now just totally broken?

I should add that I have tried multiple 6" high grade 10 gb cables, cleared cash and data and all of the other suggestions I could find on the net and it still does not work. S-23 with 6.0 UI works perfectly. S-24 with 6.1 does not work at all. Both with Android 14.

Update (02/17/24): My AA is still working on Motorola wireless just fine. In fact it is working better than it did on my S22U and S23U. On those phones often when I had a low cell signal it would spool and I would lose my music or it would not start at all. This hasn't happened once with the S24U. Maybe better antenna? Weather and Radar app pops right on the screen when it used to take minutes. I did notice yesterday that in all my fooling around I had turned on AA Developer mode and checked Wireless Android Auto at the top of the list. Don't know what effect this has but you might try it. 

How to enable Android Autoā€™s developer mode

1. In your phoneā€™s settings, search for ā€œAndroid Auto.ā€
  2. Once you find the setting, tap it and you should find yourself in the Android Auto app.
  3. Scroll down and tap Version 10 times.
  4. Hit OK.
  5. Access developer settings by tapping the three-dot button at the top-right corner and taping Developer settings.
133 Replies
DomMatt
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Hey all! I am new to Android. Literally just switch for my iPhone on Sunday to the Samsung s24 ultra. I'm enjoying it so far however I was not prepared for the amount of bugs. Can anyone provide a resolution to the following?

1. Spotify is not showing as an app in Android auto. I have selected within Spotify to have it run in the background. 

2. In Android auto, I'm still seeing notifications for text messages showing up in the bottom right hand of my navigation. How could this still be showing?
Justi_Doge
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Android Auto is experiencing issues on the S24 series, Samsung is working on fixing this. You could try installing an older version of Auto with an older APK. Also, welcome to the team!
NaveedT
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

It seems many friends are suffering due to  Android Auto and Car paring. This is sad, Samsung should fix it quickly.

I am also facing the same issue with Samsung 24 Ultra. If anyone know how to solve this issue please reply

0 Likes
s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Android Auto connection Issue for galaxy s24 ultra

I recently purchased the s24 Ultra and I am experiencing intermittent connection issues between my phone and vehicle.

It is at random. There is nothing that initiates this disconnect to the best of my knowledge. I will plug my phone into the car and the car recognizes the phone and android auto starts as intended. At random times, the connection will just end. The only fix that I currently have is un-plugging and re-plugging my phone from the car. This is very annoying, and partially dangerous given that I am having to fix my connection while I am driving. 

Samsung.... please fix...šŸ˜­

If anyone else is experiencing this, please like this post so it blows up and grabs the attention of Samsung and hopefully they will fix it.

usereopE7VJh1q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Cbh. .l j c. C. LO
0 Likes
users4rpSESw4W
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Why can't I connect my android auto to my car. It comes up android auto unavailable
0 Likes
s24ultra
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Idk, personally i'd need more details about your issue in order to help with a solution.

0 Likes
KTFLO76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having the same issue also.
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
I had that issue at one point. Turned out the connection cable either was faulty or not rated high enough. Once I switched the cable, i never had the problem again.
0 Likes
KTFLO76
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Hmmm good point. I need to check that out myself.
0 Likes