JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 02-20-2024 12:56 AM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

263 Replies
Lawrence1124
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
My S24U battery is incredible, barely ever plug it in. World's of a difference from my S22U which was obviously heavily used and getting old
SenseiKayJayy
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
Yea my battery is fine. I'm sure the they'll have some update to fix it soon.
0 Likes
userImizherPxv
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Based on my research, you have to actually cut the screen off. Sometimes in order to keep the battery amount low
0 Likes
TechE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Resolution was in FHD by default and it was happening then I changed it to QHD, my S23 Ultra was in QHD too and it was better. Besides, I always like to take advantage of all the nice features, like the 4K resolution which is one of the reasons I got the S24 Ultra. Samsung should know better...
0 Likes
Swini
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Try turning your processing mode to light and deep sleep any apps you don't use often so they aren't running in the background. Change your system theme to dark, if you haven't already, because that can save alot. I also like the new category in the battery settings for adaptive charging. It learns your usage patterns and charges your phone accordingly to max your battery life. Hope some of this helps, my S24 Ultra lasts me all day on a single charge
0 Likes
TechE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Dark mode is on as well as deep sleep for apps. I like to use my phone at its max/standard processing capacity which is why I got the ultra. Thanks
Swini
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Ok. I wasn't sure about switching the processing mode to light, but I haven't noticed any difference other than longer battery life. I don't really use it for gaming
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
My battery literally lasts me all day with no battery saving features turned on I have set to the best screen resolution wifi Bluetooth turned on I wake up around 7:30am and go to bed between 1-2am and have been on the phone most of the time I'm awake playing around with my new phone setting up and playing with new features
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
I've seen a lot of these battery complaints but they seem to come from S23 owners. Maybe the S23 just had a better battery? My S24 Ultra battery is 10-15% higher than my S21 Ultra by the end of the day.
0 Likes
ChrisAllen
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
The battery on this phone is just absurd how good it is. It's 5:30, I've had it off the charger since 10am and have been using it pretty heavy since then (4:26 SOT) and I'm at 62%. The battery on my s23 ultra was great also but I would have been thinking about charging already.