JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S24 Battery Drain

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:28 PM)
GitDatPC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Always On Display drains nearly 2% of battery per hour on my S24 Ultra. This is much higher than the S23 Ultra. Hopefully this will be fixed in an update? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
263 Replies
ElBro75
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same here. Everyday, no matter what I do on the phone, AOD is always the thing that uses the most energy. Always more than 10%. Had a day where I used maps for hours, did videoshooting en editing, hours of spotify and still, nowhere near the usage of the AOD. Never had this issue with my S23 ultra. I have changed all the settings in AOD, I only have the time and date on there now, really small, but still no result.

0 Likes
BramG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Feature request:

I love the AOD. But what really annoys me is that I have a brand new Galaxy S24 Ultra,and the AOD takes up between 7 and 10% of my battery life.

This could be fixed when the displaying states could be combined. So, planned + only with notifications. Or only notifications + a set time of 15 or 30 minutes for example.

This gives the user much more control when it is displayed. I think rhis would drastically reduce the hit on battery life as the user could tweak it better to their type of use.

Would be MUCH appreciated. Many thanks.

1000043475.jpg

raider08
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Give the aodnotify app a try, it can do that and works on the S24

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.alwaysondisplay
0 Likes
ElBro75
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I think it is a bugg. I have the same thing, always more than 10% of battery-usage comes from AOD. Never had that problem with the S23 ultra, with the same settings. Should be fixed in a software-update. 

0 Likes
gulf767
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I traded in a perfectly working s22+ and I regret being so hasty. I should have kept it.

#1 Battery Life:

This phone is just "burning" through the battery. I have all the settings on for battery and power saving and only charge to 80%. Between 6 PM and 6 AM, it used 10% battery life with Data, Bluetooth and Wireless off and nothing really running in the background. It has already gone through the learning process.

#2 Battery Settings

You may want to check this on your phone.

Under Battery Settings, I charged the phone to 80% last evening. Took it off the charger and under the heading "Today" it shows:

Last charged to 60% (not 80%)

Stopped charging 6 days and 4 hours ago. I just charged it last night. 

I don't know if this is because I only charged using the Max. Battery Protection to 80% but something is definitely wrong.

Display:

I see some banding and some graininess although not to the extent of the Ultra posts I have seen here.

This was a costly mistake. My s22+ had a better screen, better battery life, and everything was just smoother.

Keep what you have. It's too late for me and I'm stuck with this.

Samtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Following tips may help you...

1. Battery Life:

• Check battery usage and health.
    • Close background apps.
    • Enable adaptive battery settings.
  2. Battery Settings:

• The reported percentage discrepancy may be due to the Max. Battery Protection setting.
  3. Display Issues:

• Ensure software is up-to-date.
    • Adjust display settings.
    • Contact Samsung support if problems persist.

The above tips are working fine with my phone...

gulf767
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Samtech:

Thanks for the follow up. I changed from Maximum Battery to Adaptive Battery per your suggestion. 

All the other settings were as you described. I used Smart Switch where I read it has caused problems on some phones with the battery, but I have used it before without incident.

At present it's down 12% overnight with no phone activity, which I find unacceptable as my s22+, which supposedly had worse battery life only lost about 3-5% battery overnight. With little use on the s24+ I can lose 20-25% in less than an hour.

terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
sorry to hear all this , try clearing cache and after repair all apps, ..shut phone off. then hold power on and volume up till you see samsung logo, it will go into the boot mode , use volume up and or down to move then hit power to pick clear cache after that do fix apps hope it helps
gulf767
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thanks Terminator 9. 

I did a number of different things per suggestions I read about and I did clear the cache which seemed to make a definite improvement.

terminator9
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
so one more thing i found after digging thru 100 vids on you tube, go to phone keypad dial *#9900# a window opens up. scroll down to BATTERYSTATS RESET hit it.. then reboot phone, it helps alot i.did it to mine last night and seen improvement