JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

RCS for samsung messages

(Topic created: 02-22-2024 12:47 AM)
MasterD
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Is there a way to get RCS for samsung messages so I don't have to use Google messages. I love all the features of samsung messages but would love if it had RCS. Or it would be great if samsung and Google combined all there messages features together then that would be great too.
101 Replies
Jokerloz
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
That'd still using the Google application. I don't want to use the Google application for sending text I don't like it. I like the android text app better.
0 Likes
Galaxy S24
In the United States there is no development to bring full-RCS functionality to Samsung Messages. Our wireless carriers have only activated full-RCS for the Google Messages framework (which is why Samsung began making G Msg the default on US devices last year.) Samsung Messages is built on an international framework and probably won't implement US standards worldwide.

Despite this, I still use S Msg for its customization options and reliability. G Msg has never once worked properly for me so I stopped trying.
chanceuxmoi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Google messages read receipts are gold. But yes, the lack of customization really kills me. It's so petty, but it's so ugly! Lol
0 Likes
Galaxy S24
It's not petty IMO. The font is awful. And even a long long time ago in 2023 when my Watch still got push notifs, G Msg refused to send notifs to my Watch no matter what I did. That's what pushed me back to S Msg within 24hrs of switching.
0 Likes
Galaxy S24
I have a question: was your S23U also unlocked, as your current S24U is? I recall S Msg wasn't allowed any RCS functionality at all on unlocked devices but I can't remember if that applied to all of our carriers.

I also don't know why people keep claiming S Msg is being phased out. It's not. G Msg was simply made the default in the US because the G Msg framework was given full-RCS capabilities across all of our carriers. S Msg will still be here, it just won't ever be as fancy on our networks.
0 Likes
chanceuxmoi
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
It wasn't unlocked it was tmobile. And I'm still on tmobile but much prefer an unlocked phone without the **bleep** on it but that sucks! I much prefer samsung messages too. Dangit!
Galaxy S24
The biggest complaint I've seen on these forums about unlocked devices is that instead of carrier bloatware (At&t's is quite a list) you get random garbage games installed by Samsung every time there's an update. Even a security update. So just fyi on that one I guess lol
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I've always bought unlocked from Samsung and have never had that problem. By that problem I mean installed random games etc. Not at all. Also I used to use RcS on Samsung messages on my unlocked phone but they (Samsung) took the feature away when it was said that carriers were only going to allow Google messages for RCS like Apple can only use imessages for rcs. And then it was said they would be removing Samsung messages altogether but it's still there. Only downfall for me is I'd like to be able to customize the look in gmessages
Options
Galaxy S24
Come on people, at least answer the question or give advice. They didn't ask if you use Google messages, they asked how to get RCS in Samsung messages because that's what they prefer. If you trying to convince them to just switch to Google messages at least give a reason.

I how the OP finds his answer because I'm curious too.
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
You can't do it that's the answer.
0 Likes