Original topic:

S24 Ultra Camera Quality Feedback

(Topic created: 03-15-2024 08:55 AM)
efrain192
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
As many of us are experiencing these camera issues where the post processing ruins images taken by making them grainy or too saturated. I found temporarily that using the camera in safe mode and airplane mode gave me way better results when using the camera . Hopefully they fix this soon

UPDATE
Turns out my camera issue is a hardware issue. I spoke to representative and there are no updates coming for the camera, only for the screen issues. I will return mine an get a new device. Seems I got a early model that was part of a bad batch. 

Update: got my replacement device today NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. now this is what the s24 ultra is supposed to be. WOW I can't believe the difference. The screen for sure is way brighter and more colorful and the camera is amazing and no issues with post processing ruining images. If anything it just makes them way better. I can't believe what a difference there is between the devices 
529 Replies
userH5v4pEzrJn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I wish I never bought this phone, my pictures are horrible
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same thing with mine, I have reset it as well. Now I must say that I am not computer expert or very phone savvy but my s24 ultra camera stinks
0 Likes
Georgia777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have the same issue. I've upgraded from s21 ultra to s24 ultra and I noticed that the pictures are over processed and not in a good way. 

Some are too dark, some are too bright, some lose details, some become painting like pictures.. I assume it is the intelligent optimisation tool, so I deactivated it.

Also selfies are bad, far away from the reality, my hair is dark blonde and with s24 ultra the hair is very dark, almost black.  Also during video calls same issues, my hair is mostly dark and if I move next to the window,  in natural light, I get light blonde hair (also not real).. This didn't happen with s21 ultra.

MarkI1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have simular problem with my new S24. Samsung used to have really good cameras on the phones but this is not up to standard. I guess it where to much focus on AI and they forgot focus on the important stuff. It is no use to remove stuff if the picture is not clear and vivid. What you want is a good camera with the possibility to use as a phone. 

I really hope they come with a software upgrade soon.

userNOp6XTKuSM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
This is pathetic how the phone can't even capture both tags. It's one or the other based on where you press. 20240311_201800_1000011655_1710213481.jpg20240311_201755_1000011654_1710213476.jpg20240311_201751_1000011653_1710213471.jpg
0 Likes
angel9088
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I hate the New Samsung 24 ultra wish I would had kept my 21 Ultra
whyohwhy1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Agree. Camera is the worst I've had or touched in ~7 years between my phones, my wife's phones and the phones I get for my mom. There is a major issue.

Justina Mas
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I am also disappointed with the camera. The pictures are only good when the subject is completely still and the lighting is perfect. The photos often come out blurry and lacking in details. Especially faces. 

user4J3lVPqY0Q
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have to say the photos this phone takes are a let down. The color seems off. Most whites turn out very yellow. I hope this is something that can be fixed on an update. 

Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S24
Might be something to do with white balance or lighting conditions. Indoor lighting often has a warm or yellowish tone.