JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Not Charging

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 07:22 PM)
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Just got my device yesterday. While transferring data from my S23 Ultrai via cable I was trying to charge the S24 wirelessly and it would not charge. 

I made sure all charging settings were on and I tried multiple other devices which would charge properly. I also changed the cable and got the same result. Not till the phone ran out of battery during the transfer and restarted did the wireless charging work. 

Day 2 and having a similar problem but charging via cable. Only upon restarting again did the device start charging. 

I expect a LOT more when I spend $1500 on a device. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
U22blk23
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Your best charger is the 45-watt charger set phone at super fast charging. I have used 45 watts for 2 ultras.
0 Likes
Hba32701
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I had this happen to my s24u one time. Hasn't happened since restarting the phone. Hope it doesn't happen again. Too many bugs for a "finished product" to be sold to the masses. Samsung rushed this release and the consumers are the ones paying the price. How do we know if a software update will fix these issues? The way to hurt Samsung is by returning their new phones. You can always buy it later when they run a new promotion (typically in June) if they fix all these problems. Until then, hurt them where it hurts, their wallet! I have my shipping return label ✌️
0 Likes
ThaiMex93
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm having a similar issue with my s24+. I've had to restart the phone to get it to work I've had to restart like 3 times so far on different days. Once when it would connect to a type c hub, another time when it wouldn't charge, and most recently when Android auto wouldn't recognize my phone over wire.
usersmtltGtvA6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I am also having charging issues! I fully charged upon receipt, before turning it on, no problem (Friday night). Saturday I had it in my car charger, again, no problem. Sunday night it got to below 20% so I plugged it in. It just kept cycling through charging/ not charging, repeatedly. I restarted. I tried a different charger even though I was using the same one as Friday night that worked perfectly. I finally b took it to my car and behold... charging! I then connected it to an external pack that show charges, again, charging. I took it back to the original one and it charged to 100%! Tonight I'm at 13%, plugged it in and it started that cycling process again from charging to not charging. I connected that external slow charger and it started charging. When put it back in the original, it started charging, I too 52% now. **bleep**? Clearly it is NOT the charger or it wouldn't ever work
usersmtltGtvA6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I should have added that I am also using the S24 ultra
0 Likes
Cayote
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Exactly what happens to me. Clearly being done through software. Wants you to use the samsung charger
0 Likes
qqqqq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Super charge 2.0 showing, but limited on 3W or lower power only. The charger is working well and work normal on my Fold5 .

My S24 Ultra cost 6+ hours to charge full
0 Likes
MattLaTorra24
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

My brand new Samsung S24 Ultra randomly stopped charging out of nowhere today. At first I thought it was my power adapters so I tried several thinking maybe the power brick or USB-C cable had gone bad. But after the third adapter, I started to suspect it was the phone. Sure enough, as soon as I tried one of the power adapters on my tablet, no issue. The S24 Ultra wouldnt charge either wired or wireless. 

I had to restart the phone. Once the phone restarted, I was able to charge again. This has got to be the most buggy Samsung flagship release in years. It has never been this bad. As you all know, we got **bleep** over on the display too with all the colors looking washed out and dull on "Vivid" mode. We also lost color icon notifications on the Always On Display. And still no word from Samsung on a software update and when it's dropping to address these issue. I can't believe I'm saying this but for the first time in 15 years, I'm extremely close to switching to the current Iphone Pro Max. If I don't hear any statement from Samsung confirming an update by the end of next week, I will have no choice but to return the s24 ultra because otherwise I'm going to pass my 30 day return policy. 

manvir2189
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

hey, same thing just happened with me. Was not able to charge my s24 ultra, changed adapters and cables and then realized that it is just not charing. Almost the same story

LordVako
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I get your frustration but I wouldn't take it that far and switch to Igarbage. I'd go back to S23 Ultra which is pretty Dope. Good luck 🤞