JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 Ultra Not Charging

(Topic created: 01-27-2024 07:22 PM)
RoryBreaker
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24

Just got my device yesterday. While transferring data from my S23 Ultrai via cable I was trying to charge the S24 wirelessly and it would not charge. 

I made sure all charging settings were on and I tried multiple other devices which would charge properly. I also changed the cable and got the same result. Not till the phone ran out of battery during the transfer and restarted did the wireless charging work. 

Day 2 and having a similar problem but charging via cable. Only upon restarting again did the device start charging. 

I expect a LOT more when I spend $1500 on a device. 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
67 Replies
user_32ew980h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same
0 Likes
Samsung_4c1TPCF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same thing happened to me last night. I had to Google it to find out that I have to restart my phone. 

0 Likes
Rkbarber
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same with charging issue. This is ridiculous 

Wexal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Flossey Carter said that you should allow the battery to go dead before recharging it. Do this a few times and your battery will last longer. And then you can charge it as you would normally.
0 Likes
userHuMzFposza
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Same issue here. Tried many different outlets, adapters, cables, and wireless chargers. Restarting the phone solved the problem (for now), which indicates a software issue. Oher users have reported that their charging problems returned after a while and they had to restart again. Please push an update for this!
JenMarieCo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
That happened to me. Try different outlets and nothing. Restart it and now is charging. It have to be a software issue.
0 Likes
AdamStanleyATX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Agree this is rubbizh
0 Likes
savage0101
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
So something odd has happened with my 24 Ultra. It's been charging just fine, then yesterday just randomly stopped charging. The one charger I had it on from 1230am to 640am charged it but only charged it to 66%. Any other charger I've tried just simply doesn't work, but all chargers work just fine on my husbands Pixel 8 Pro. I am taking my phone up to UBreakIFix just to see what they say but I wanted to post on here to see if anyone else had issues.
0 Likes
jim7109
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I have also had charging issues with my Ultra 23. Slightly different though. My phone is now regularly fast charging if I insert the cable 1 specific way. If I turn the cable over and insert it the other way, it trickle charges. And yes, I have tried multiple cables.
0 Likes
DreDre2024
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
My brand new S24 Ultra randomly stops charging, I have tried multiple cables that works with other devices. I have to reboot/restart the phone and it immediately starts charging again. This has happened twice already, and I have seen other posts about the exact same thing. This is unacceptable!!