JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 ultra heating and battery draining fast even on light usage

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 05:29 PM)
AP900
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I got s24 ultra recently and phone is heating up and battery draining faster than expected. Please provide fix for it..
JUMP TO SOLUTION
119 Replies
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
When I first read this post, it showed on the message icon "12 "at the top right, there were no comments posted, including the one I sent. It must have been a glitch because now I can read other's comment posts.
GeekRoger
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Battery draining super fast, scrolling Instagram for 10 mins takes 5%-8% of the battery, charging is slow takes 3 hours to full. I have 45w charger.

Looks like a huge downgrade from the s23 ultra.
0 Likes
cusuco
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You probably have a bad unit. On my 24 ultra, I'm getting 14 hours of battery life with like 7 hours of screen on time. And it takes an hour to charge from 0
0 Likes
Members_qJjQz8s
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Ive noticed my S24 battery drains much quicker than my S23 with the same settings and average use.  Guessing there is going to be a battery recall or issue of some type.  Samsung will wait months to do anything being that big companies have big wheels that turn slow.

Oimit
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same problem.

In few minutes of using WhatsApp application, i lost about 8% of battery.

Samliu107
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Any ways to fix it? My batt drain out very fast too

0 Likes
Yecid P
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Same issue, my s24 ultra overheats on regular use, watching a couple of videos or playing for a few minutes in non demanding games, battery is draining really fast too, half a day of non intensive use and the battery is already at 45%, when it was charged to full last night close to midnight

0 Likes
zavie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

my S24 ultra get really hot when I'm charge it using 45w adapter. and the battery drained quite fast. I'm a new samsung user who should I address my concern to? Please help 😭

0 Likes
LeoWyatt89
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

With the temperature issues, there's certain things you can do to try to make your device stay at normal operating temperature. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00076952 

Try the above

As for the battery draining issues, this is completely normal if you just recently purchased or reset the phone for the first few days to a week or so.  The phone's operating system will learn your patterns of use of your galaxy device. Then it will adjust itself accordingly. Overtime the battery usage will improve as your phone maps your usage. 

Check out this article: What to do if the battery of my new phone seems to be draining faster?

0 Likes
Flash2557
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
Phone runs too hot, all I do is text my wife and watch youtube and the phone gets too hot to handle. I have no clue why, I switched from iphone to this phone and that phone never got this **bleep**g hot someone explain!
0 Likes