JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S24 ultra heating and battery draining fast even on light usage

(Topic created: 01-29-2024 05:29 PM)
AP900
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
I got s24 ultra recently and phone is heating up and battery draining faster than expected. Please provide fix for it..
JUMP TO SOLUTION
119 Replies
PACritic
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had same with 45w charger. It doesn't heat up with 25w or wireless so I've been charging at night with battery saver on basic. I'm getting 30-45hrs on a charge currently after 10 days adaptive. 8-11 sot
cusuco
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
That's weird, I have not had overheating issues
0 Likes
lavenet
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm playing music now without it charging and its getting hot
0 Likes
lavenet
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I'm definitely gonna be reaching out to samsung about this
0 Likes
cusuco
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
You should, I was pointing out that it's not every unit that's has this issue. I'm literally responding to this post while watching YouTube. Have x open replying to the post, and my phone is not overheating
0 Likes
MikeyFo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I had the Note 10+ then the 22 Ultra & now the 24 Ultra & I've never experienced my phones getting hot while charging. I do make sure everything in my background is closed out before charging. I'm not sure if that matters, but your phone shouldn't get that hot. It does get a little warm sometimes, but I've never had a "hot" phone besides my wife's 13 Pro. A Word Search Game makes her phone too hot to touch! Then it goes into the freezer. lol
lavenet
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
I was playing music the other day while it was charging and I had to stop the music cause it got to hot for my liking
0 Likes
MikeyFo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah, it shouldn't be doing that. Reason why I made the move years ago to Samsung because with Apple it seemed like if I was playing a game or listening to music while charging. It would get hot but not my Samsung models. I wireless charge also. Now, I do have a 12v wireless charger phone holder in my car & it will get a little warm but not hot while I have a movie playing & charging at the same time. In "Device Care" I have my battery set to, "Adaptive" and I have fast wireless charging Off. Not sure if that matters but like my S22 Ultra, it learns your habits & the battery gets better over time. Maybe this next update will fix some of these issues. Hopefully
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
I see you have 11 comments. However none show up under your post????
0 Likes
cusuco
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S24
????
0 Likes