JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S24 Ultra Green Lines on Screen

(Topic created: 02-02-2024 07:57 PM)
userQu1JcMmaCO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I purchase on Samsung.com a Tmobile locked S24 Ultra and financed with Tmobile. Got it 6 days ago and it has been in a case sine the day I unboxed it. Not drops no water, it's been handled like a new baby. Now out of the blue while watching YouTube I got a vertical green appeared with a white line going horizontal. It shows even on the boot screen. Called Samsung Care + and they said it was a manufacturing defect can't help and transfered me to Order Support. They refused to exchange the device and said I had to return and repurchase. So I would loose my pre-order discounts, not cool. When I said I wanted tp exchange it I was transferred back to Samsung Care +. They said the same, no exchange and basically said to call Tmobile since the phone is financed with them. What is the point of Samsung Care + then? I'm so disappointed. I've only ever owned Samsung phones since the start of smart phones. 

I'm seeing more and more posts about this same issue. And yes I've rebooted, cleared cache, and factory reset. Why I can't get a brand new phone exchanged when faulty from the factory. This blows my mind. Tmoble did not build this phone.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, We understand how upsetting screen issues are. For issues with lines or dead pixels, you can find some steps here that may help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001485/

This article provides information for cracked or bleeding screens. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001477/ 

When troubleshooting is not helpful, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by an authorized service center. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S.: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html.

If you purchased a Samsung Premium Care or Care+ membership with your device, this plan does cover physical damages. You can find more information about this plan here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/samsung-care-plus/

View solution in context

0 Likes
16 Replies
Faith7777
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Did you insist on speaking to a Supervisor?
Unfortunately, you have to insist because the regular customer representative that you get when you first call can only do so much.

I pre-ordered the S23 Ultra unlocked from Samsung.com last year.
Within the two-week return policy, there was something wrong with my S Pen.

That is when I found out that they do not exchange your device. Which also upset me. I did go higher up to the next level and speak to a supervisor.

And after a long discussion and being upset, I decided to send back the device and repurchase the same device, and then that supervisor told me that she would do a price match after the device was delivered. Which she did honor that, and I ended up with the difference credited back to my credit card.
At that time, the other promotion that I received when I preordered was an S8 plus tablet; I did pay out of pocket an extra $300 for that. So, they did not take that promotion away from me. But I don't know if they would honor it like this time if you used the credit on something that ended up being free, like earbuds. I don't know if they would let you keep the free earbuds that you got because you reordered a new phone. I hope this helps. It is very stressful to buy a new phone and then not be able to exchange it like you would in a store. I don't like that policy, but I know from experience they won't budge.
Good luck!
LordVako
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S24
Exactly the reason why I love AT&T. Samsung can keep their "Care+" deceit. I pay 45usd for Protect Advantage 4 lines of real phone protection. Unlimited screen repairs, phone can't be repaired? No problem you get a brand new replacement not a refurbished **bleep**. Take your phone to an authorized retailer and pamper your phone with diagnostic checks, battery checkup, cleaning your phone even with UV light. Mem I don't pay a penny for Samsung "Care+" 🤷🏻. Good luck 🤞
0 Likes
useruuJOJVxi8D
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

I have faced similar issue with the S22 ultra and the fun part is that my problem also occured while watching videos on YouTube and phpne charge was 15%. It seems that Samsung latest flagship displays having some serious issues with their display. In Indian subcontinent region this have become a serious issue right now. From Samsung to one plus to iphone, most of the flagship device display is facing this same kind of issue. You can search this on Twitter or YouTube.

0 Likes
Bob195800
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
WOW, Samsung new Flagship Phone,Should this be happening. I'm wanting to trade next to the S25 series but this is leading me to pause
0 Likes
pjw400
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
May I ask, because you got the phone from Tmobile, Tmobile have their own phone protection insurance. Did Tmobile offered their own phone protection insurance. I am with Tmobile and purchased my S24 Ultra from Samsung website and was doing research between the two phone protection insurance Samsung Care+ and Tmobile phone protection insurance. There is a deadline to get the Tmobile phone protection insurance after buying a new phone.
Pamela
0 Likes
Ones_N_Zeros
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Let me guess, Samsung Spain claims this is a feature designed to make the screen easier to see? If the graininess and ridiculously washed out displays are claimed to be purposeful by Samsung the next thing they're going to claim is these lines are a new crosshair feature! Did your device have the strange colors and graininess prior to this happening? Just curious if Is a hardware issue with the displays and many of them are going to start to fail like this? What do you think?
0 Likes
SqueamJunior
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Did t-mobile replace the phone or did they pretty much tell you to kick rocks also? I've been debating trading my 21 ultra for the 24 but if this happens I want to make sure I'll be able to get a new one without paying a fortune out of pocket

0 Likes
ciber59
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
I bought my S24 Ultra outright from Samsung. Within 90 days, green line horizontally about an inch from the top, in a case, not dropped and did raise it to requesting a manager. Samsung customer care shouldn't be as horrible as they were to me about their product that I bought. After 4 useless agents, I finally got a manager who charged me $99 to get a replacement phone sent out. No issues so far.
0 Likes
JaDawn
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Why did you pay?! It was a warranty issue! 

I had a different issue with my 22 ultra & fought with samsung for 4 months. Including me sending my phone to them 3 times and once they said they had to charge me but i refused. I even ended up going to a 3rd party repair center approved by them. One time after i sent it to them, i went out of town on business & they sent my phone back claiming unrepaired claiming i never responded to them even though i did. It sat on my steps (not even on my they never verified anything with me about my address either. porch out of the weather) getting rained on, etc. When i came back it was moldy & mildewed. I returned it again, thinking they would replace the whole thing only for them to only replace the backing, not even the battery.  I had to send it in again. Finally got someone to tell them to replace it. But they didnt have my color available so they gave me a refund. 

My point is, i would not have accepted that as an answer at all! I wouldve kept on fighting. 

0 Likes