JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung S24 Ultra Green Lines on Screen

(Topic created: 02-13-2024 01:35 PM)
userQu1JcMmaCO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
I purchase on Samsung.com a Tmobile locked S24 Ultra and financed with Tmobile. Got it 6 days ago and it has been in a case sine the day I unboxed it. Not drops no water, it's been handled like a new baby. Now out of the blue while watching YouTube I got a vertical green appeared with a white line going horizontal. It shows even on the boot screen. Called Samsung Care + and they said it was a manufacturing defect can't help and transfered me to Order Support. They refused to exchange the device and said I had to return and repurchase. So I would loose my pre-order discounts, not cool. When I said I wanted tp exchange it I was transferred back to Samsung Care +. They said the same, no exchange and basically said to call Tmobile since the phone is financed with them. What is the point of Samsung Care + then? I'm so disappointed. I've only ever owned Samsung phones since the start of smart phones. 

I'm seeing more and more posts about this same issue. And yes I've rebooted, cleared cache, and factory reset. Why I can't get a brand new phone exchanged when faulty from the factory. This blows my mind. Tmoble did not build this phone.

16 Replies
rCKNmR4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

This looks like busted pixels. In the olden days we got that on a DVD players and it was basically tossed because LCD screen needed to be replaced. I have S24 Ultra on order  unlocked for my kid so I hope * will not be seeing anything like this

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24
It sounds like some of the confusions comes from the fact the device is still under its buyers remorse return period, and from my experience (used to work at a carrier store), in the return period, the policy to return and sell another at the point of sale. Once the return period ends, then the warranty goes into effect, so while it may sound a bit risky, you should be able to simply wait a few days for the return period to end, and then your carrier will have to replace the unit under warranty without any issues with pre-order promos or trade-ins.

Funny thing is, it's almost the opposite with iPhones. If you buy one and something is wrong on day one, even though you have a return period, Apple will force you to go to them instead as they insist on handling all technical issues. Sounds like a blessing, but trust me, it frustrated countless amount of their users who simply wanted to exchange a defective phone at their local cell phone shop, but we're told they're out of luck and were forced to make an appointment at the nearest Apple store, which can be far away, and always busy.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

0 Likes
kenny3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I had a defect with my s23 ultra purchased from at&t where the s pen wasn't working properly. Went to AT&T and they exchanged it on the spot
0 Likes
Dissapointed user
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

Looks like samsung not caring for their loyalty customer experience. Might just change to other brand. My self also facing screen issue. Very bad experience.

user3qYm2CHH2Y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
I've had the same issues with my S22 ultra...Oct 20, 2023 the green lights strobed on my phone...phone was in an Otterbox case and phone has never been dropped or in water. I contacted Samsung and they created a ticket for a repair to UBREAKIFIX said I had a broken screen...this so happened after an update...geeze how coincidental? Yesterday, 2/6/24 phone did same thing...another update - bright green bar on phone with white line...I use to have Careplus plan but that was a joke...I called for 1 month trying to get a billing issue fixed on my acct...my credit card # chg but Careplus plan computer could not fix it in the software...go figure that one! After no success with careplus plan nor 5 supervisors I gave up! I called Citibank and disputed the charge Careplus plan kept charging my 1 monthly charge but was not charging for my other phone...this isn't complicated but no one could help ..I finally disputed charged with Citibank and cancelled my subscription in writing with Careplus plan....I then was wondering what do I do now for insurance?...I contacted Square Trade for Costco and they actually were cheaper so I got coverage from them for my 2 phone. We use to buy our phones from Costco but wanted unlocked versions so they had to be purchased from Samsung this time...the joke of Careplus plan is not a lot of people know Careplus is out of INDIA that why you can not get help...the company name is Servify LTD...no one EVER told me this...I found out once I cancelled my 2 cellphone plans...I'm annoyed with Samsung not one person advised me of Careplus hidden agenda! When I told Samsung 3.5 months later my phone is AGAIN having green bar at base of phone and white line they told me I could send phone to them - no thanks! I called UbreakIfix and they said for me to bring my phone over and I may have a defective part...otherwise I will have a dedu table of $114 for Square trade...do I really want to buy another Samsung unlock phone at $1300 each then break 10 months later?...no thanks!
0 Likes
dspain001
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24
If you go to a ubreakifix they will usually replace the screen under warranty
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S24

Hello, We understand how upsetting screen issues are. For issues with lines or dead pixels, you can find some steps here that may help: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001485/

This article provides information for cracked or bleeding screens. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001477/ 

When troubleshooting is not helpful, it is recommended to have the phone evaluated by an authorized service center. You can use the following link to find a list of service centers in the U.S.: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location or by calling customer support at 1-800-726-7864.

For service outside of the U.S., please use this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html.

If you purchased a Samsung Premium Care or Care+ membership with your device, this plan does cover physical damages. You can find more information about this plan here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/samsung-care-plus/

0 Likes