JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung gallery app crashing

(Topic created: Saturday)
ssimon127
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Samsung gallery app won't open and keeps crashing. I have cleared cache and data. It did nothing. Just started. 
100 Replies
spirited75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
0 Likes
way_to_go_carl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
ISSUE FIXED......

GO TO FILES, search HEIC and just delete everything with that file type and app should be working..

Thnx to:
@Ziggygotgame
T_a_k
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I have pictures on my phone that i want to see, but my gallery wont let me open and it keeps closing. I dont know what the problem is i have tried everything

0 Likes
Mom2012
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Have you looked to see If it or the phone itself needs updated through the play store or settings
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S24
You can still view your photos in the Google Photos app til you figure out what is happening with the gallery.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@T_a_k Another thing to check is the amount of free storage available on your device. You can check in Device Care. 

0 Likes
Tinman8
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24
You have to make sure it's updated.
0 Likes
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
I recently had this as well. I tried updating and everything I knew. I finally realized it was RIGHT after I had downloaded a photo from an iPhone user. You should be able to open "My Files" and see if any photos end in the extension HEIC or HEIF. As soon as I deleted that photo Gallery returned to Normal.
CarterHax
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
This completely fixed my issue. Thank you 🗣:fire:
0 Likes
Kdrewh
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
Most welcome. We all learn from other's experiences. If you are willing please click the 3 dots beside my reply and select "Accept as Solution"
0 Likes