Original topic:

Slow wireless charging!

(Topic created: 04-07-2024 06:16 PM)
JoeJoJo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

This seems to have started just after the 6.1 update. I'm using a 45W genuine charger and cable and is taking forever to charge. Have a Samsung S24 Ultra.

Never used to be like this.

Yes I've tried turning on/off fast charging and all the other supposed fixes, nothing has worked.

What's going on Samsung? This is killing us! Don't expect to have this sort of issue on a 2K phone.

5 Replies
SergioRC20
Comet
Options
Galaxy S24
Hello,

The wireless charging goes up to 15 W. Having a greater capacity charger won't make the charging faster.

Wired charging is 45 W which is way faster than wireless.
JoeJoJo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

This is a simple BEFORE and AFTER situation. Before the update it was very quick charging over wireless, after the update it is now slow. Something in the update has changed the phones charging settings, or something. 

neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy S24
You can run the wireless charging diagnostics under Support > phone diagnostics here in the Samsung Members app and see what it says.
0 Likes
JoeJoJo
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

It says everything is working fine. From what I can tell those tests simply just tell you whether something is working or not, not how fast/slow something is working.

I'm not the only one to report this since 6.1.

0 Likes
Craigy1977
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S24

I have a brand new 3 day old s24+ and it's taken several hours to get to 80% the s21 I had before it would run rings around it! 

0 Likes