JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The S24 Ultra comes with a charging cable but no wall adaptor

(Topic created: 04-19-2024 11:55 PM)
user8odm4g4f3Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Im so confused. I bought the new samsung galaxy s 24 ultra and I got a C to C cable With no way to charge it. No instructions. How to charge it? Because I have no idea how to plug a c to c into anything with that cable!! What blows my mind is people call it A USB c to USB c.. Sorry, but the older cables were actually USB ON one end a C on the other end!!! The only good the cable they send with the phone and so you can plug it in from one phone to your old phone to transfer data. That is about it, so that's called a C to C!!!! 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
For a couple of years now I've been reading articles that Samsung (and most phone mfrs) were no longer including chargers with their devices (unless they required something specialized) to cut down on a) costs and b) e-waste. Most people already have usable chargers. You will still be able to use older C cables and chargers with a B end, it will just charge r e a l l y slow unless they are are 25 watt or more. But, again, it's been known for quite a while chargers weren't included.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S24
No matter how you put it it is still a USB (Universal Serial Bus) cable as it is used for a power supply and/or transferring data
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S24
they have not had wall units in a Samsung phone or tablet box for years now 😭 😂
0 Likes
userooSHArLb0c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
The same thing happened to me , and I see your point. I made such a stink about giving me a new phone without a way to charge it without purchasing more equipment that they gave me a wall unit charger. I purchased a pack of usb/c adapters, but I got my point across. My real point is..."you do not get to spend my money without my permission. I wanted to purchase a working phone and you can not sell me one that will not work unless I spend more money. If you sell me the phone, if I never come back, my phone should be able to work and if I can't charge it, IT WON'T WORK."
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

You are getting all bent out of shape for something that was announced - ad infinitum.  Who's fault is it that you didn't pay attention?  Also, they are not "spending your money" - The presumption was/is that most people (except perhaps first time owners) have a charger or three or four lying around, and many outlet extenders include them,  so they are actually saving you money for NOT adding the cost of a charging brick you probably don't need. Chargers are relatively cheap if you need one.  I believe that most, if not all, manufacturers have followed suit.  You can still use your old USB B/C cables with your current chargers, you just won't get super fast charging.  The S24s have wireless charging anyway, so if you have a wireless pad, you don't need to change anything.

userooSHArLb0c
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
So, at this point, you are assuming I have a wireless pad charger and adaptors. Well, I didn't! However, you are correct, I have plenty of bricks and chargers laying around, but what good is the brick or chargers if the new cable I received does not work with any of the equipment I have unless I have/purchase an adapter? If you give me a charger cable that does not have a USB, the thing they are "assuming" we consumers have a lot of, then at least include an adapter in the package. If you don't, then I have to purchase one. Now, a couple of dollars won't make or break me, but let's not miss the principle of the thing. It's not about missing the information, it's about being a consumer buying a product. ...and what if it was my baby's first phone? I'm old school and principle still matters! So, at this point, you are assuming I have a wireless pad charger and adaptors. Well, I didn't! However, you are correct, I have plenty of bricks and chargers laying around, but what good is the brick or chargers if the new cable I received does not work with any of the equipment I have unless I have/purchase an adapter? If you give me a charger cable that does not have a USB, the thing they are "assuming" we consumers have a lot of, then at least include an adapter in the package. If you don't, then I have to purchase one. Now, a couple of dollars won't make or break me, but let's not miss the principle of the thing. It's not about missing the information, it's about being a consumer buying a product. ...and what if it was my baby's first phone? I'm old school and principle still matters! 20240426_061654_1000015706_1714126654.jpg
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

Once again, the companies that make the phones do not owe you a charger.  You are lucky they gave you the cable, I didn't get one with my A54 - but then I have many cables and adapters already, as well as charging blocks. Even if it was my first phone, I would just go out and buy a charger.  I think the S10 series were the last ones to have a charger included, and IT WAS ANNOUNCED that going forward Samsung would no longer include chargers with their phones. If you have any charger with a USB C end, you will still be able to charge your new phone, you just won't get SUPER fast charging, you will still get fast charging.

When you buy most electronic toys for children, most say "batteries not included", this is no different.  One could argue batteries are cheap and the item was so expensive, they should be included, yet people accept that without question and you want to get a free charger just because you paid $1,000+ for a phone.

0 Likes
ForgottenCoastMan
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Good point except... When I purchased my 24 Ultra there was no disclosure "TYPE -C CHARGER REQUIRED & SOLD SEPARATELY" at the point of sale.  Am I wrong to think this is the point of the entire thread?

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24
It was public knowledge, not a secret. And online point of sale had a whats in the box section. Physical point of sale, would be uo to the sales personnel to inform you.
0 Likes
ImpossibleBox
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah feels like a lack of consideration from phone manufacturers (apple, and like usual samsung copying them later) back then, everyone only has USB A outputting chargers and USB A to C or Micro B cables. But jumping to the new C-C cable standard without a USB C outputting charger leaves a useless USB C-C cable until you spend more on an entirely new charger, defeating any "environmental savings" with the extra packaging & rendering old chargers redundant.

I still just use my USB A-C & have no C outputting chargers. Cheaper chargers & cables, fast charging hurts battery faster and hardly needed, and wireless charging really hurts battery life with the excess heat inefficiency and uses more power since it's so inefficient.

It is a bit frustrating seeing forums miss the mark on a post, moreso on branded company ones.
Author gets a new phone with a usb C-C cable, useless without a USB C outputting charging brick/charger/adapter brick which most people don't have as it doesn't come included in the box, and have to buy one separately. New cable incompatible with existing old chargers, and they aren't given the new charger.