JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The S24 Ultra comes with a charging cable but no wall adaptor

(Topic created: 04-19-2024 11:55 PM)
user8odm4g4f3Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Im so confused. I bought the new samsung galaxy s 24 ultra and I got a C to C cable With no way to charge it. No instructions. How to charge it? Because I have no idea how to plug a c to c into anything with that cable!! What blows my mind is people call it A USB c to USB c.. Sorry, but the older cables were actually USB ON one end a C on the other end!!! The only good the cable they send with the phone and so you can plug it in from one phone to your old phone to transfer data. That is about it, so that's called a C to C!!!! 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
21 Replies
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S24

You don't want to buy another charger and use the ones you already have, then buy an adapter for either end of the cable.  They are cheaper than a new charger.  You can buy an adapter that converts one of the "C" ends to a "B" end (the square end), or an adapter to continue using all the cables you already have, which will convert your micro USB ends to a "C".  "C".  It is still nothing to get as bent out of shape as you are about it.  "C" is the new standard, til they come out with another new standard.  If you read the "what's in the box" on the product descriptions, you will know what you are and are not getting and can decide on your purchase accordingly. The companies that manufacture devices do not owe you a charging block, they exist to sell you a device.   As was said before, most people own at least a couple of chargers. The planet does not need any more e-waste.

Also, this may be a "branded" forum, but the respondents are users just like you. 

0 Likes
br8309
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24
Yeah because they're greedy and they want you to have to purchase one I'm extremely disappointed as well