Original topic:

"Files and Media" Permissions not working

(Topic created: 04-17-2024 08:36 AM)
Members_er0d053
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

I tried to use an app that I regularly use for work on my new S24 Ultra. (My old phone was an S21). The app wouldn't allow me to take photos or attach files. The apps customer support said I needed to allow "Files and Media" Permissions, which is not an option on that app.

They asked me to check all allowed and not allowed "Files and Media" Permissions. My phone shows NONE on either section. I have a LOT of apps, so this is really odd.

Any suggestions?? I really need this for work.

8 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S24

@Members_er0d053 If you go to phone settings -> Security and privacy -> Permission manager you will find a list of all the permissions possible on the phone. "Files and media" is listed, however on my phone 0 (zero) items have that permission and apps are allowed to take photos and attach files. 

I think that it only needs "Photos and videos". 

Try this:

1. Open phone settings
  2. Click on Apps
  3. Click on this work app
  4. Click on Permissions
  5. Any permissions that this app is requesting but not currently allowed will be in the "Not allowed" section. If you click this area, you can enable those that aren't currently allowed. 
  6. But... you can't enable permissions that the app has not asked for. 
0 Likes
Members_er0d053
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you. I did allow all permissions asked for by that app, but "Files and Media" is not one of the options. The apps customer support asked me to look in "Files and Media" as well to see if it was allowed or not allowed.

There isn't one single app in either the allowed or not allowed for "Files and Media" I don't see how that can be true.

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24

@Members_er0d053 Ask the developer team if this app has been updated for Android 14 and One UI 6.1. It seems like they probably have an incompatibility with the new OS. 

0 Likes
Members_er0d053
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S24

Thank you! I've passed that question on to their customer support.

Why wouldn't any of my other apps need that same category of permissions?

LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S24
Because they are properly updated to work with Android 14 One UI 6.1.
0 Likes
posted88
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
You have to go into the permission manager and dig deep. Click on the file to media even though it says zero. Then it'll bring you to where it says apps allowed apps denied you won't see any apps but if you go all the way down to the bottom there in small blue writing it says See more apps that can access all files. Click on it. In the next menu will give you all your apps that have that permission1713383538741.jpg1713383538754.jpg1713383538773.jpg
0 Likes
posted88
Halo
Options
Galaxy S24
Some security and privacy options won't be in about app. Pulled on the menu go to settings and go down to security and privacy
0 Likes
ABDO2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S24

Hi

I have the same problem with S24 Ultra, each time I want to use this app, it asks for Media Permision, which isn't in Permision options. I need this app badly 

if any one has the solution pls share it  

0 Likes