JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

5 Pro will not connect to Wearable

(Topic created: 08-27-2022 01:06 PM)
squirel206
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just got the new 5 Pro and have been unsuccessful at getting it set up via Wearable on my S22 Ultra. I have done all the obvious things to no avail. Out of curiosity I pulled my old S10 out and got it set up on it. Not sure what it is with the S22 but my new 5 Pro doesn't like it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
squirel206
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I ended up doing what I didn't want to do and that was a full factory reset without doing a backup restore. The watch installed.

View solution in context

7 Replies
MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Do you have any other Galaxy Watch connected to your S22 Ultra? If so try unpairing that device and try connecting your new Watch 5 Pro.
squirel206
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

No. When I start Wearable I get all the way through to where I accept the Google conditions and then I get Galaxy Watch 5 Manager Keeps Stopping and it crashes.

squirel206
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I removed all BT connections. Uninstalled everything associated with a watch. Rebooted the watch and phone. Reinstalled Wearable and the Watch5 plugin and still nothing. I am going to take it back to BB tomorrow and if they can't get it linked and synced it goes back and I will go with another brand.

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
How many apps and/or services did you uninstall? Galaxy Wearable, Galaxy Watch plugin and Samsung accessory service(if exists) ? Then deleted your watch from Bluetooth menu and restarted your phone and watch?

0 Likes
squirel206
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I deleted GW, 5 Pro plugin and Google Wear OS. I don't have the Samsung accessory service that I could see. I removed/deleted ALL bt connections. I rebooted both devices and nothing. I have reset the network settings on my phone. I have reset the app permissions on my phone. NOTHING is working. The watch worked on my old S10 but I don't know the difference between the two as it relates to the software. I am going to take it to the Geek Squad at BB and if they can't get it to work it will be returned and I will go with Garmin.

squirel206
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I want to add that after Wearable crashes and fails the watch says "Couldn't connect to phone. Reset your watch, then try again".

0 Likes
Solution
squirel206
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I ended up doing what I didn't want to do and that was a full factory reset without doing a backup restore. The watch installed.