JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Active 2 notifications not working?

(Topic created: 12-18-2019 08:03 AM)
userBvs86UHia9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My wife and I each just got the new active 2 watches, hers is the smaller one and mine is the larger one; and we both have Galaxy S9's as our phones.  The problem is with notifications. We do see notifications on the watch when we get new email and/or text messages BUT the phone does not make any sound and it does not vibrate. So I don't know about the notices unless I look at the watch.  It should make some sound or vibrate so I know a notification is there.  I think I have the settings right but I'm not sure since it is not working on either of our watches.  Any expert advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

12 Replies
Zintain
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Check in the notification settings. You'll see in there "Show only while wearing" if you click on that (not on the switch) but on the words you'll get into a sub menu where you'll see "Mute Connected Phone". Turn that off and this should take care of your problem.

userBvs86UHia9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

on my phone, I open the Wear app and, then touch Notifications, I see the "show only while wearing" and it is ON. I touch the words, and another screen opens, at the top it shows "ON" and there is another box that says "Mute connected phone". I touch that box and another screen opens that shows OFF at the top and a picture that explains that if this is on, notifications will be sent to the watch and will not show on the phone.

I think this is the setting you are suggesting and it is already OFF.

Just to clarify, I am getting all notifications on the watch, I see the orange dot on the main watch screen, etc.  The problem is the watch is not making a sound nor vibrations when I get the notifications.  However some do.  The main one that does not work properly is my GMAIL.  Again I get the noticication that I have new email and the orange dot appears on the watchface; however the watch does not make a sound nor does it vibrate.  Hence I don't see the notification until I check the time.  This is unacceptable.

Thank you for helping me.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Have you tried force stopping, and clearing the cache and data on the Galaxy wearables app and the GMAIL app on your phone?

Be sure to click " āœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userBvs86UHia9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did as you suggested and also one other thing I mention because it might help others.  In the WEAR app, under accessibility, I found that I can force the notification to repeat 5 times.  I set this as well as your suggestion and now it seems to be working.

Thanks

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to resolve your concerns. šŸ™‚

0 Likes
userzzLnpwJ0s3
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

SAMSUNG please fix the notification problem on the watch im also having problem with notifications and its really annoying, you make us pay almost 500 us dollar for the watch and it is full of problems with the watch, also the HR sensor is terrible  and works sometimes 50/50 witout error, how could you even release the watch thats not working properly its a SCAM! the smart watches on Wish chinese company for 8 dollars is better than this piece of cr*p, and that cheap plastic wristband... make and update on the watch please or i will refund it as many others and buy apple insted for the same amount of money but atleast their watches works

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can't fine the repeat 5 times setting and am having the same issue with my messages app

0 Likes
userBvs86UHia9
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Open the Galaxy Wearable app

Go to HOME

scroll to ACCESSIBILITY

open Advanced settings

open Notification reminder

then make your selection...

I also found that the watch notifications work better when I have the phone set to make a sound for each notification (it doesn't matter what sound).

0 Likes
userjAgiBCtYVF
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Go into settings in your phone

@userBvs86UHia9 wrote:

on my phone, I open the Wear app and, then touch Notifications, I see the "show only while wearing" and it is ON. I touch the words, and another screen opens, at the top it shows "ON" and there is another box that says "Mute connected phone". I touch that box and another screen opens that shows OFF at the top and a picture that explains that if this is on, notifications will be sent to the watch and will not show on the phone.

I think this is the setting you are suggesting and it is already OFF.

Just to clarify, I am getting all notifications on the watch, I see the orange dot on the main watch screen, etc.  The problem is the watch is not making a sound nor vibrations when I get the notifications.  However some do.  The main one that does not work properly is my GMAIL.  Again I get the noticication that I have new email and the orange dot appears on the watchface; however the watch does not make a sound nor does it vibrate.  Hence I don't see the notification until I check the time.  This is unacceptable.

Thank you for helping me.

for each app eg, messages , email etc. Open notifications. press and hold new messages. If "sound" shows as silent SET REQUIRED SOUND and should be ok. Even though it shows alert is on you have to choose a sound! weird but it works! The only text message alerts I was recieving were the contacts I had chossen a designated sound for! All makes sense now but who would of thought you have to choose a designated sound inorder to hear the alert! Hope this helps!!