JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

App Notifications Turn themselves off

(Topic created: 01-13-2021 03:54 PM)
orgullodemexico
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Every couple of days I find it necessary to open the Galaxy Wear App ==> navigate to Notifications ==> expand the app list and TURN ON notifications for apps that I know I previously enabled

Somehow mysteriously various apps seem to turn off notifications - its never the same apps or same amount of apps - but it happens

Has anyone else experienced the same issue?

Yes all my apps are updated - I ensure daily that everything is updated.
9 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you still receiving the notifications on your phone?

Take a look at this link here giving additional information on managing notifications on your smartwatch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00061433/

0 Likes
orgullodemexico
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
This doesn't even come close to describing or resolving my issue. yes I do receive notifications. The problem is certain apps ramdomly turn app notifications off by themselves
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for confirming this.

Can you list what apps you are having this issue with?

Do you have your apps set to be put to sleep when not in use?

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap Battery and device care. Tap Battery, and then tap Background usage limits. The following settings will be available: Put unused apps to sleep: If you haven't used an app in a while, it will automatically be put to sleep.

0 Likes
orgullodemexico
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The apps that turn off notifications. I performed exactly as you asked. yes the phone was set to put apps to sleep and I didn't know that feature existed on this phone.

I do believe that should resolve the problem
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Awesome! I'm glad I was able to help resolve your concerns. Please feel free to reach back out if you need any further assistance. 🙂

0 Likes
orgullodemexico
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
The Samsung team are comprised of geniuses. Thank You again.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
you don't have to turn that feature off since it's quite helpful and will also auto disable apps for you too after the haven't been used for a bit. just add whatever apps your wanting to not auto sleep to the apps not checked or never sleeping list so that function will still preform its desired function for optimizing your phones overall performance and battery...
note... if your on the new platform Android 11, the new adaptive notifications handled by the Google assistant will learn your patterns and can dismiss notifications it thinks you would disregard even if on, that won't show on your phone and probably not the watch either. that can be adjusted too if you need more specific details.
0 Likes
Kevin007
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Does anyone else have problems with settings changing for Galaxy Wearable items, seemingly at random? Every time I charge or turn off my watch, my settings for notifications revert back to receiving notifications if messages on my watch if the phone isn't being used. This is very frustrating, as I rely ony watch to receive notifications if my phone isn't handy or I have my hands busy otherwise. 
0 Likes
Wizard5635
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes. I have the same issue of notifications turning off on my 6 Classic all the time.
0 Likes