Original topic:

Can someone confirm Watch 7 Charger Compatability

(Topic created: 07-23-2024 02:39 PM)
dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
So they say Watch 7 and Ultra use a new 15 watt charger. From what I see un testing, it's the same as the one for Watch 6. Am I mistaken?

Also I used to charge my Watch 6 with the Samsung Duo Wireless Charger without issues. I know it was a slower charging speed. But Samsung says not to use prior Chargers fir Watch 7 or Ultra. 🤔
dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah maybe someone from Samsung joins this conversation to clear things up.
sullins
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yeah
0 Likes
TheRabbi
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can charge it with a watch6 charger. One of the Youtubers even tested the "time until full" on the 6 and 7 chargers, and both reported the same time.
dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I decided to keep using my Samsung 15w Duo Wireless Charger to leave it overnight. I didn't have any issues slow charging it. I used to do the same with my watch6. I tested the actual watch7 charger vs the Duo Charger and both produced similar heat signatures during charging.
0 Likes
MikeyJP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

So to be clear - since help from Samsung Care is buried and will be for weeks -   I just got my new Ultra 7.  I have a Duo EP-P5400 charger I love that I used with my 5&6 just fine. It says in the specs it is 15 watt.  So my question is simply will the Ultra 7 be safe on the Duo Rapid Charger ($89.99!) or is there anything that can do damage? Speed I will adjust to - just do not want to damage the watch. Thanks.

dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
The duo charger is 15w for Samsung phones only and 4.5w for wearbles in the magnetic spot. All you are doing is slow charging the Galaxy Watch Ultra instead of 15w max with the charger puck that was included with watch ultra. The watch controls the min/max currents no matter what wattage you supply it.
dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I think Samsung saying to only use the supplied Chargers is because of the omission of QI for wireless charging, so not all older Chargers, Samsung, or other brands will work. If it doesn't work, the watch throws an error anyway. Idk that's what I think.
0 Likes
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a 3rd party triple wireless charger (phone, watch and earbuds) in our master bedroom so we can charge things while showering. We've had no problem with charging the Watch 7 or Watch Ultra with it. For convenience, however, I attached the supplied charger to my laptop so I have charging options.
MikeyJP
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

OK so just got my answer to using the Duo Rapid charger. It will not work unless you take the watch band off!!! Will not lie flat without 3-4 books piled on to weigh it down. So that ends that.  My 4-5-6 band changing was a real pain in the **bleep**. The new band on the Ultra is an attempt at an improvement (thanks) - but so far changing the band is still proving a pain. And the band mount angle makes it incompatible with flat charging.  So not doing that every day. Hence the Duo flat charger is another yard sale trinket and Samsung wins again. Lucky i like them.

dja2k
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have my Ultra with a Trail band and works, I just wrap it around the duo charger. I also have a Watch 7 with sports band and works, as well, without having to remove any band.
0 Likes