JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can you use a Samsung smartwatch LTE without a phone?

(Topic created: 10-14-2022 01:02 AM)
GunnJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So basically I don't have a phone, so I want to buy myself a let galaxy watch. But I'm a bit confused about it. Do I have to connect to a phone for my LTE to work? Or can the watch act as a stand-alone phone with a different phone number?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand wanting more information on how our Galaxy watch series devices are able to be used in Standalone mode without a phone. Please note the Galaxy Fit, Fit2, Galaxy Watch4 series, and Galaxy Watch5 series cannot be used without a phone. Give this link a try for more information on setting up a Samsung smartwatch without a phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078020/

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch can be a stand alone. I get messages to my watches #on my watch when not connected. Ask your provider
0 Likes
GunnJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Is your watch and phone separate numbers? Because I'm going to try use the watch like a phone

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@GunnJ I don't think that will work. But you would need to discuss that with your carrier. The normal configuration is that the watch's number is not directly callable.  

The normal operation is that when a call or text comes in, they are routed to the phone's number and the carrier internally forwards it to the watch's number. Outbound calls from the watch actually use the phone's number to originate the call. 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand wanting more information on how our Galaxy watch series devices are able to be used in Standalone mode without a phone. Please note the Galaxy Fit, Fit2, Galaxy Watch4 series, and Galaxy Watch5 series cannot be used without a phone. Give this link a try for more information on setting up a Samsung smartwatch without a phone: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078020/

0 Likes