JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 07-15-2024 08:40 AM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

131 Replies
MantisLab_Canada
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Amazing! TY.

S24U + Gear S3 Classic

MisterBee
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes.... this works.  Thanks.

Normalizer
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue with my 2week old Galaxy S24 phone which will not work with my perfectly good Gearfit watch.  I called Samsung to see if they would honour the 50% off Galaxy watches which was offered at the time of purchasing the phone and they said no.  

glennr1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sad

0 Likes
KimMadsen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Completely lousy customer service, they take NO responsibility for the **bleep** they put us through! I'm an IT consultant, should i invoice Samsung the time i've  spend on the problem they caused it would be a 4 figure high amount, just for the first week! It's been four weeks now...
They offered me 20% and i would get free Buds, but i don't need buds, i use Bose QC35 & 45, and asked them to credit the buds if i returned them. They Wouldn't...

0 Likes
TheWarden
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Where is Samsung!? Why are they not replying to this issue!? I have a Galaxy watch frontier s3 perfect working watch. I upgraded to the Samsung s24 ultra and it is not compatible. This it bullcrap!!!! They need to fix this or Apple will get a **bleep** of a lot of new customers!!!! I refuse to buy a new watch!!! Fraud!!!
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I posted a solution earlier in this post that might work for you. I refused to get a new watch, too, so I made mine work.
0 Likes
glennr1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the solution.  But, it doesn't always work.  I tried it 5 times and now the Gear S Plugin is not even available in the Store from my phone to install on my phone.

0 Likes
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry it didn't work for you. It looks like they removed it from the store, probably because so many people are having issues with the plugin and they don't want to fix it.
0 Likes
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you have your old phone, check the Gear S Plugin version and try finding that version on apkpure. I checked, and they made the plugin incompatible with Android 14 on the Play Store.1708446242517.jpg1708446242535.jpg
0 Likes