JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 08-28-2024 11:47 AM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

131 Replies
ThatFixitGuy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
That sucks so bad that watch was amazing
0 Likes
NJR1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Support for the S3 may have ended, it doesn't mean the usefulness of the S3 has ended.

Support for Windows XP ended years ago - PCs with it on still works! My Old Galaxy S6 and S7 still work!

0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

congrats that the watch "works perfectly," but its useful life is over. see @LongHiker directly above.

0 Likes
laranja
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Android 14 vs Gear S3 Classic ???????

0 Likes
usersaopafZdcj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Because of Samsung's horrid customer service in solving the Gear S3 to Fold 5 connection, I am cutting out the middleman ang going to Google
0 Likes
Nazim dhuka
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Iam also having same issue

0 Likes
ashleykza
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I love the way Samsung assumes their loyal customers can all afford to buy a new watch when getting a new phone.  This is simply unacceptable, and I will never be purchasing Samsung products for the rest of my life because of it.  Time to switch to Apple.

0 Likes
dfourie
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

How to get the apps back after the watch was reset?  It asks to connect to the Gear Application and select the device, but in Gear Wearable app it does not connect.  I don't have the old Samsung's phone anymore.  what to do?  Thanks.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Choose move watch to new phone in the watch settings (on the watch). Go to about watch, snd scroll all the way down till you get to "looking for something else" and below that will be the option to transfer watch to a new phone. Once it's connected to the new phone or your app should come down and you should be able to restore your backup
0 Likes
Dugnug
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the Zfold 6 phone & tried to connect my S3 Gear Frontier watch (both Samsung) to it, but got a message basically saying that Samsung is not going to support these watches in newer phones after 2024. We're not even "after" 2024! I contacted customer support & tried different things. And it seems like Samsung decided to not support this watch early, no software updates (even though I don't know if a software update is needed - but obviously the new phone software is purposely preventing pairing). Not supporting it to try & push us into a new watch? I did buy a Samsung Watch 7 because it said the usage time was supposed to be 40 hours. It wouldn't last 12 hours. I was disappointed & returned it. My S3 worked great. Why the lie? Why no support?
0 Likes