Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:11 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

119 Replies
TipsyTrex
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch should still connect with the phone, however, the S3 no longer receives software or app updates because it runs the older tizen operating system whereas newer watches use wearOS.
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry to say, but the Gear S3 came out 8+ years ago, and support for it has stopped on newer devices for security reasons, I believe since the watch doesn't get any new updates for security protection.
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshoot/TSG10001327/#:~:text=The%20S24%20was%20released%20wi....

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments āœ“āœ“āœ“.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“āœ“āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
user6uy9DGuds9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
How can I bet the Gear S watch to connect and work with the Fold 3 phone ?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user6uy9DGuds9 Sorry but support for the Gear S watch has ended some time ago. 

0 Likes
ThatFixitGuy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
The watch still works perfectly it just won't link to my new phone
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@ThatFixitGuy Unfortunately Samsung has dropped support for the Tizen based watches. 

ThatFixitGuy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
That sucks so bad that watch was amazing
0 Likes
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

congrats that the watch "works perfectly," but its useful life is over. see @LongHiker directly above.

0 Likes
laranja
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Android 14 vs Gear S3 Classic ???????

0 Likes
usersaopafZdcj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Because of Samsung's horrid customer service in solving the Gear S3 to Fold 5 connection, I am cutting out the middleman ang going to Google
0 Likes