Original topic:

Galaxy Gear Watches and phones with Android 14 no longer connect

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 05:11 PM)
FragginBastich
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I called Samsung today and told them what happened. I asked if they can at least give me the promo price for the Watch 6 Classic that was offered when I bought the S24. They are going to email me if that is possible.

119 Replies
Dean85
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wait... for those that might still have their old phone, it will pair and work if you remove the device from the old phone before you install it on the S24 Ultra. Make sure you delete ant attempted pairing on the new phone.
0 Likes
Members_gR3mfiv
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Seems that many of us ending up getting the same surprise package that came with our new Samsung S24+ and Ultra phones. Thanks Samsung......

Turns out I hear that there refrigerators don't work well either....

Guess I better keep an eye on my  Samsung big screen TV.

0 Likes
RevVass
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here. I wish I would have known sooner. My gear S3 is my dress watch.
0 Likes
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
After many hours of trying to connect mine and looking through log files, I think I have found a solution that will work for those with a Gear S3 Frontier and the S24 Ultra who have tried using the Gear S Plugin from the Play Store.

1. Download the Galaxy Wearable (Samsung Gear) app from Google Play.

2. Make sure the Gear S Plugin is not installed.

3. Go to the link below and download version 2.2.03.23121551 of the Gear S Plugin https://apkpure.net/gear-s-plugin/com.samsung.android.gearoplugin/download#google_vignette

3. Install the Gear S Plugin you just downloaded from apkpure

4. Open the Galaxy Wearable (Samsung Gear) app and attempt to connect your S3 Frontier. It should connect now

Note: I am not responsible if you click the wrong download link and get a virus. View the screenshot to see the correct download button. I hope these steps work for some of you!1707963214243.jpg1707963244831.jpg
gdoc71122
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It worked!!! Thank you!!

Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for letting me know! I wanted more testing than just me before I post the solution in other places.
0 Likes
userL3DtEG6LvF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, do you know if it'd work with a Gear Sport and S24+?

0 Likes
Silent_Warrior
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Unfortunately, I don't have either, so I can't test that. If you do try it, let me know if it works!
0 Likes
JeKi
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Worked on 24+

0 Likes
Samsung_Hx3FSvt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Finally!  This solution worked for switching from my Note 9 to my new S24 Ultra!!! 

THANK YOU!