Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Ultra - Battery Drained in 16h

(Topic created: 6 hours ago)
userOXWrKdfwHN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

First off, watch is under 2 days old.  There is no new firmware.

Title says it all. Watch drained from 100% to power off in 16h. That's unacceptable for a $650 watch.

It's under 2 days old. There is no new firmware. I just set it up 1.5 days ago, factory reset didn't fix it. Having to reset a 36h watch is a special level of disappointing.

Let's see if I get a real answer or the canned answer to update it, reset it then this will be marked as solved when it 100% will not be solved.

5 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Two days.  The watch is still learning your usage patterns.  The first day there is enormous power usage due to setup, looking for updates, self-testing and the fascination of people playing with and looking at it.  It takes 4-7 days of normal usage for the watch to establish your pattern.  If you've had a watch before, you know this.  If this is your first watch, now you know.  16 hours got you through the day, and it's not like you have to go out of your way to charge it up at any point.  Adjust the measurements to intervals rather than continuous, turn off AOD, turn off gestures and use tap or push button to turn on the screen. If, after the watch normalizes, you are still unsatisfied, return it and get a refund, but do wait more than a week.

0 Likes
The_Chief
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree - make sure AOD is turned OFF and you have a watch face (not that there are many options yet) that will automatically change to night mode in low light conditions. I've had my Watch Ultra for a week and it will easily go upwards of 5 days on a charge (and that's without power saving mode). The trick is to get everything set up so you aren't constantly playing with it and using screen time setting things up. Once it's set up and done, I think you'll be happy with it.
0 Likes
MrClean69
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was having battery drain and a couple of other minor issues. Factory resetting it fixed it all for me. Good luck, hope you get it sorted out.
0 Likes
Laybal
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
2 days? Yea it's still learning you. They don't make these ai devices tailored specifically for each individual. It takes a few days for the devices to learn your daily patterns.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userOXWrKdfwHN Are you connected to LTE / Cellular or just BT? 

If your LTE/Cellular coverage is poor, that can cause excessive battery drain.