JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series persistent voicemail notifications - Samsung lack of customer service

(Topic created: 02-25-2023 09:56 AM)
realaud
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am really not loving this Samsung support model, which appears to be "let's start a community and let users solve each other's problems and we won't have to do anything at all" and maybe you can hope that Samsung support will see your post and weigh in.

Samsung must develop a way to dismiss persistent notifications. I don't need a constant notification on my watch of a voicemail that does not exist. It wastes battery power and annoys the user. THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL. At the very, very least, the notification should disappear when the voice mailbox is accessed (message or not). There also is absolutely no reason for a notification to be ongoing. If a user saw a notification and chose to ignore it, there is no reason to keep reminding them of it. ONGOING NOTIFICATIONS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

I noticed that even when there is a legitimate voicemail notification, I cannot dismiss it until I access the voicemail. This is wrong. At the very least there should be a setting whereby you can a) select if you want notifications to be ongoing and b) select how many times and at what intervals you want to be reminded, or c) not have an ongoing notification at all.

I understand this particular issue seems to be with the Galaxy Watch 4 and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile says their Samsung tech liaison team is working with Samsung, and Samsung will, supposedly, eventually come up with a fix for it. But it would not be happening in the first place if any of the suggestions above were utilized. I also understand that some people have had success with resolving this issue by factory resetting their watch. I refuse factory reset my watch for a minor issue, especially when the backup data may contain whatever error is causing this, and I don't want to have to go through all my settings again after a reset, just to get my watch to function properly.

121 Replies
userlNL8uaYRSW
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have this problem as well...
0 Likes
Mikema
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have an notification for a voicemail on my galaxy watch 4 that won't go away. I have deleted the voice mail on my phone. How do you delete the notification on my watch? 
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you swiped to the right on your watch so that you can clear notifications? If so, have you tried restarting your watch?
0 Likes
Mikema
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have tried both of these things and the notification keeps coming back.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
I typically just swiping through all my notifications and then tap the garbage can at the end.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Zendream
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same problem with my Watch 4. After I upgraded to a Watch 5 last year the problem went away. Unfortunately after several watch software upgrades the problem returned. I have talked with TMobile several times with the same answer, they are working with Samsung to correct the problem. It has been over a year since my first contact.

0 Likes
SMB91
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Wow, I see this issue is still happening in 2023! Still no fix! Come on tmobile and samsung. I hate my new watch.
0 Likes
boomer112
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am having the same issue it is so annoying and aggravating 🙄 how do I get it to stop?!?!
0 Likes
Patti48
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am having this same annoying issue
There is no voicemail and I cannot clear the notification
Very frustrating!
0 Likes
Megday
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same problem for months now. Why? No solution yet? Please give some answers