JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch series persistent voicemail notifications - Samsung lack of customer service

(Topic created: 04-14-2023 04:17 PM)
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am really not loving this Samsung support model, which appears to be "let's start a community and let users solve each other's problems and we won't have to do anything at all" and maybe you can hope that Samsung support will see your post and weigh in.

Samsung must develop a way to dismiss persistent notifications. I don't need a constant notification on my watch of a voicemail that does not exist. It wastes battery power and annoys the user. THERE IS NO VOICEMAIL. At the very, very least, the notification should disappear when the voice mailbox is accessed (message or not). There also is absolutely no reason for a notification to be ongoing. If a user saw a notification and chose to ignore it, there is no reason to keep reminding them of it. ONGOING NOTIFICATIONS SHOULD NOT EXIST.

I noticed that even when there is a legitimate voicemail notification, I cannot dismiss it until I access the voicemail. This is wrong. At the very least there should be a setting whereby you can a) select if you want notifications to be ongoing and b) select how many times and at what intervals you want to be reminded, or c) not have an ongoing notification at all.

I understand this particular issue seems to be with the Galaxy Watch 4 and T-Mobile, and T-Mobile says their Samsung tech liaison team is working with Samsung, and Samsung will, supposedly, eventually come up with a fix for it. But it would not be happening in the first place if any of the suggestions above were utilized. I also understand that some people have had success with resolving this issue by factory resetting their watch. I refuse factory reset my watch for a minor issue, especially when the backup data may contain whatever error is causing this, and I don't want to have to go through all my settings again after a reset, just to get my watch to function properly.

121 Replies
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Reproduce the issue and then open the Samsung Members app, click on Support (Lower right)->Feedback->Send Error Report,  Remember to check on "Send System Data Log" 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
crctnhou
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
In getting rid of the annoying voicemail notification on your watch, please open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone. Go to watch settings, and then mobile plans. In the upper right corner, please click on the three vertical dots and remove the mobile plan. Check the box that says you will contact your carrier to cancel your mobile plan. Once it is removed, add the mobile plan back. Once you fully add it back, the voicemail notification should be gone. 
SugarSparkz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
How is it 3+yrs this issue is still occurring on watches where the VM notification cannot be dismissed or cleared.  I find that on the new watch Classic 6 47mm every option on the watch for notification and changes even under developer settings, permissions, and digging furthermore is locked or says its necessary for watch function. It's Ridiculous functions are locked out and not changeable by the owner. Why isn't there a push notification menu with what ya want to receive or not. 450 dollars for a watch and they still have the same issue 3yrs later. 
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Which watches have you also experienced this issue with? I have owned every Samsung watch since the Gear S3 (excluding the 6) and haven't had any non-dismisssble voicemail notifications. To clear the notification, I just delete my voicemails.
0 Likes
SugarSparkz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
The Watch 4 now 6.. No voicemails to delete thats the issue. I'm pretty sure it has to do with digits or how they integrate the numbers. There is so many threads about this issue just Google the issue and its mind blowing noone either manufacturer or carrier has solved this issue. I did the turn off Bluetooth trick on phone and turn on lte only on the watch, called voicemail and ended the call and it went away. But like everyone says it will be back once reconnected to Bluetooth and ya step outta range it will reappear. I'm looked into it for hours. I'm to the point like I said I think its on the carrier side on digits or how the vm number of the watch is the same idunno it cannot be changed on the watch 6 because they took the option out and locked all the other options to really fix the issue thats what's really aggravating from samsung side. There is a voicemail notification on or off but it's locked and cannot be turned off in settings or dev opt.
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was going to suggest this might be a carrier issue, especially since this is the cellular variant. I've only owned Bluetooth models, so that makes me suspect a mobile network/service issue more than anything. It is strange how even your carrier's tier 2/advanced tech support haven't been able to help you resolve this voicemail problem.
SugarSparkz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Imma call them back tmrw if I have some free time. Maybe see if I can get a great answer, but for now I've got the notification gone so I'm happy it will save me some battery life and some sanity.
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I guess it's time to listen to your voicemails so the notification won't pop up
0 Likes
SugarSparkz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Can't listen to something that isn't there. It was deleted days ago but the notifications stick. Read above.
BlueSkies
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
The only time I experience this issue when all the voicemails haven't been listened to. Other than that, I don't really have the voicemail issues on the watch
0 Likes