JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch5 Screen has lines going through it and the screen is flashing

(Topic created: 01-04-2023 10:05 AM)
ChessGalaxy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy Watch5 screen just started flashing and now lines are going through the screen. The pixels seem messed up. I don't swim with the watch and it really doesn't get exposed to water. I have not dropped it, and there hasn't been any impacts to the screen.

I looked online, including on the Samsung forum, and found that it could be a watch face. I deleted the watch face, restarted the watch a few times, and the problem didn't go away.

After trying a few other things, I finally decided to factory reset the watch and use an older backup version in case it was something I downloaded (which is unlikely because I haven't really downloaded any new apps on the watch). However, the screen is still having problems.

Has anyone had similar problems with the Galaxy Watch5?

6 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Contact Samsung support

bobj0694
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy 5 watch
I set up Samsung Pay. It asks for me to set up a pin or a pattern, which is fine. The same as my old 2 watch, however it now make me enter the pin every time I want to do anything on my watch. Even going from my watch face to the apps. I only want to be required to enter a pin when I use Samsung Pay. Not every thing else. I went to settings on my watch and went to security and chose "none". When I did that, it disabled Pay. When I set pay back up, I repeated the problem.
Can you help?

bobj0694
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just read about 10 pages if users complaining about the same thing.
Do you know if it is on their radar to address? Also, the watch makes me enter the pin many times when I have NOT taken the watch off. It is poor in recognizing that.
Help
Thanks
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is possible that these are software issues. Even if Samsung is aware of the issues, the lack of communication was always a problem with big corporations. I own watch 4 and 2018 Watch. I still use the old one while a new one sitting in the box.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your Galaxy watch 5 screen flashing and having lines through it. I would be happy to look into this further for you. If the watch screen appears pixelated, flickers, or there are horizontal lines running across it, inspect the watch screen for physical damage. If the watch is not damaged, try restarting it. However, it may be necessary to check for software updates and uninstall apps, including watch faces from the watch. Give this link a try for possible resolutions to the symptoms you are experiencing: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003180/

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a service repair. You can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/ or by contacting customer service directly at 1-800-726-7864

If you are using an international device, please reach out to a support team in your area using the following link for further assistance: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html

0 Likes
EVElectro
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
If your screen is messed up like that don't factory reset it I would try to get the screen replaced at that point