Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5/6 not sending or receiving texts/delays in notifications

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 12:23 AM)
userV0ElpCBWZ2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why can't I send or receive texts when my phone is turned off?? I have a galaxy watch 6 classic and a fold 5. I a cannot send or receive texts messages when my phone is turned off. I have tried Samsung messaging app and Google Messaging app. Either works. I have had older model watches 3, 4 and 5. All LTE through At&t. They all worked fine in this situation. So I don't understand why Samsung would take this option away for for it's latest devices!!! They need to fix this ASAP!!!

neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch shares the same phone number with my phone, so I am using my carrier's number sharing feature. The watch can independently send and receive phone calls, but texting doesn't work from the watch unless it's connected to my phone.
0 Likes
BoSox1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a LTE watch 6 and can't receive or send text messages and no calls. What do I need to do to get them. I have plan on watch and phine also.

0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
You need to call your carrier and have them troubleshoot. Don't go to a dtore, they can't help you there, they are not trained in tech support.
0 Likes
BoSox1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks
MaddawgEDC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Am I just mistaken here? I have a watch 6 classic 47mm. Verizon LTE. No one can figure out how to get it to send texts and receive notifications when on LTE alone. It works just fine when paired by Bluetooth to my phone. But when just running in LTE, with my phone on, it will only send and receive calls. 

What gives???
PV2Omni
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't have the 6, but I have the 5 Pro, with Verizon. I've had to use it miles from my phone and am able to call and text. I would suggest backing up your watch. Then, doing a factory reset. The watches are a bit finicky some times!
0 Likes
justinhill4579
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes
MaddawgEDC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes what? Yes I'm mistaken?
0 Likes
Papaw02
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same problem with T Mobile. Everything was fine until I upgraded phones. Samsung says it's a provisioning issue with the lte plan. T Mobile has had me hard reset 6 times, re paired the phone number with the eatch number. Nothing. Their last advice was taking it to a T Mobile store and having them call support "to make sure you are doing it right".
I'm about to send phone and watch back. Paying for a service I can't use is ridiculous
Papaw02
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I had my s20fe my watch 6 worked fine in lte only. Switched to s24plus and started having issues. T Mobile have my account so **bleep** up it removed my bill credits and says I'm ineligible for Tmobile Tuesday discounts. Can't get a senior tech to help me. About to return everything and go back to Verizon