Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5/6 not sending or receiving texts/delays in notifications

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 12:23 AM)
userV0ElpCBWZ2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why can't I send or receive texts when my phone is turned off?? I have a galaxy watch 6 classic and a fold 5. I a cannot send or receive texts messages when my phone is turned off. I have tried Samsung messaging app and Google Messaging app. Either works. I have had older model watches 3, 4 and 5. All LTE through At&t. They all worked fine in this situation. So I don't understand why Samsung would take this option away for for it's latest devices!!! They need to fix this ASAP!!!

TylerMorris
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, I've disabled LTE and just run the Bluetooth connection.
0 Likes
TylerMorris
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Correct. It'll either come in about a minute later or not at all. Most of the time it's not even coming in. It's pretty frustrating.
TylerMorris
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sadly, Ive tried that too and no fix. This issue started occuring once I changed to the fold 5. On my S23 ultra, I never had an issues.
Members_TSQG2qA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wearable, watch settings->Advanced Features->Remote Connection=ON

on the phone, go to the google message app - tap your logo (account) settings for messages - and turn off RCS chats.

You need to turn on LTE or wifi to send or receive messages on the watch

0 Likes
Members_uQUo6RW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have Z Fold 5. I just switched from the iPhone 13 Pro Max and also used the Apple Watch Ultra. I also used Garmin Expix 2. I just bought a Watch 5 Pro to complete the Samsung ecosystem. I was hoping it would be a great experience, but unfortunately, it has not been a good experience.  The notification is significantly delayed. For example, I received a text message on my phone, and immediately, my Garmin Expix 2 notifies me with an alert. It takes about 5-10 seconds with GW5 Pro. The phone call is a little bit better but worse than my Garmin. It takes about 3-5 seconds to let me know about the phone call with GW5 Pro vs. immediately with my Garmin. Even worse is sometimes GW5 Pro won't show the notification. The software is up to date on both the watch and the phone.  Does anybody have any recommendations or have a similar experience? 

Wassim
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is your watch connect through Bluetooth or network connection
0 Likes
StanTheMan1430
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same problem only with Text Messages
TylerMorris
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Supposedly there's a software issue and Samsung is aware of it. I was reading an article that stated turning off the animation option will fix the issue. It really hasn't made a difference for me.
B34N_Matthew4r
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
My Galaxy Watch 6 stopped receiving notifications randomly and they no longer function. I tried everything all the way to factory reseting my watch and it isn't fixed. I looked up the bug and apparently this has been happening to people for a long time which doesn't make since that there hasn't been a fix yet. On other places I looked most people said that they've had a ton of apps on their phone, which is stupid that that could affect it. 
StanTheMan1430
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you check to make sure your watch says Remotely Connected at the top of the screen?
0 Likes