Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5/6 not sending or receiving texts/delays in notifications

(Topic created: 09-26-2023 12:23 AM)
userV0ElpCBWZ2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Why can't I send or receive texts when my phone is turned off?? I have a galaxy watch 6 classic and a fold 5. I a cannot send or receive texts messages when my phone is turned off. I have tried Samsung messaging app and Google Messaging app. Either works. I have had older model watches 3, 4 and 5. All LTE through At&t. They all worked fine in this situation. So I don't understand why Samsung would take this option away for for it's latest devices!!! They need to fix this ASAP!!!

B34N_Matthew4r
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yee, I just ended up factory reseting it without restoring the backup since that had the corrupted data on it as well.
meech582
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is anybody else goin threw not bein able to make call or text on galaxy watch 5 pro with mobile plan on tmobile im on my third watch from them an its still doing the samething did all the troubleshooting wit customer service an all they keep doin is resending me a new watch 5 pro 
kyfann
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having a similar issue. My Galaxy 6 classic watch stopped pairing to my s20 ultra phone. I happened right after an update on the phone. So I don't know if samsung is rolling out bad updates.
papichulo7904
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too am having the same issue with my Classic 6 and my Ultra22, when I disconnect and it is no longer on Bluetooth, I get no calls, messages or any communications. I have all the setting for mobile plan set and also have the Mobile network set to "Auto". sent my watch in to Samsung and they sent right back and said repair complete. not explanation as to what they did or even call me to ask what the devise is doing or not doing. I will try T mobile next agaim.

PHX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can't even access my messages my camera but I can receive notifications about my messages smh which is dumb. I did not have this problem on the Samsung Watch 4 classic so I'm thinking of returning it asap
Yoormaw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does anyone from Samsung read these ??? 

why is this happening ?? It is infuriating. 

Members_WHArmjC
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just purchased the Galaxy 5 pro and I get notification of phone calls and alarms and everything else but not text messages. I use Google Messages and I am logged into the same account on my watch as my phone. If use Google assistant it will send the text correctly. I can see all the text messages if i go to the message app. 

0 Likes
LauraRG
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you somehow block notifications from the Google messages app on your watch?
0 Likes
pafletch
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy watch 6 not sending texts Or receiving Phone calls if Phone is off.  I've worked with Verizon twice, the last time for 3 hours, and I've contacted Samsung and they sent me to the standard https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003245/

None of that has worked. 

0 Likes
Rachoh21
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yep, same problem here. It's only an issue with text messages - I can't send or receive them, but I can make phone calls??! So clearly my LTE connection is working fine. The whole point of paying more to get the LTE model is so that I can go jogging without my phone and still be able to send messages etc. It's so frustrating. Every possible permission is unlocked and available, so I don't get it. Even tried switching to Samsung messages instead of Google messages, but that didn't work either. Texts send fine when connected to my phone, but when my phone is off or not nearby, it won't use the cellular to send, it just says failed to send. Interestingly, when I notice the watch in my Bluetooth connection list, it says "connected for calls", but doesn't say messages. There isn't an option to include messages though. Have had this watch for one day and want to throw it over the balcony 

0 Likes