JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5 smart caddie app not responding

(Topic created: 07-30-2023 07:47 PM)
no3star4ever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having an issue with smart caddie app not responding to a touch after app opens and display "PLAY" screen. App does not respond and shuts down after 5 seconds or so.
Anyone else having a same issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, everyone! Please update the application, that should resolve the symptoms. The new update on the SmartCaddie app is in the Play Store on the watch.  Once updated the app should be working correctly.

Latest version:

·        7/30 released

·        2.1.5 version

How to check on the watch:

·        Run Smart Caddie app from GW5

·        Main screen -> press the Setting option

o   Scroll down for App Info

o   Check Current Version

If the current version is not 2.1.5, you can update by going into the Play Store.

1.      On the GW5 App screen, search Play Store

2.      Type in Smart Caddie and search

3.      Update to latest

View solution in context

12 Replies
FrancisA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have same problem. It worked fine a few days ago but now I get to the Play screen and it is unresponsive.

useroDjS7Q01RG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the same problem! All other apps work perfectly but the smart caddie screen is completely unresponsive!
userUsXKiTIgZo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem as well.  I just got this watch a week ago and tried using on the course.  Screen is stuck with the play button.  Doesn't do anything after pressing play

dopenaut
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same problem here on 7/30.
user89Nv8YxVEQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here.  Super frustrating standing on the tee box and not able to get the watch and/or app working.  Bought a Samsung flagship watch labeled "Golf Edition" assuming Samsung and their app developer would have things ironed out and working properly before releasing a product.  Must still be using the COVID excuse like every other BIG company in today's world!  Fix your stuff, people pay for technology and expect it to work!

Stolz
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem.  I only bought the watch for the golf gps.  Is there a fix to this

Pushnglide
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Could it be a firmware issue? It seems like we all experienced it on the tee in the last week or so... have Samsung made firmware changes recently? How do we get out of the problem Samsung?

walkdaddy8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same issue.  Worked fine last week and now not functioning.  I have reset the watch twice with no luck.  Looks like the smart caddie app needs and update.

Eagle1732
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue.  It has worked in the past.  May be related to an update.  Very frustrating,  wanted to use it yesterday for a round.  Ended up relying on my friends Iphone/Apple watch and my range finder.  Hopefully someone from Samsung will respond to this feed with some helpfull info.