JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy watch 5 smart caddie app not responding

(Topic created: 07-31-2023 08:37 AM)
no3star4ever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having an issue with smart caddie app not responding to a touch after app opens and display "PLAY" screen. App does not respond and shuts down after 5 seconds or so.
Anyone else having a same issue?
12 Replies
Pushnglide
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Okay. Just spent some time with samsung tech help. Smart caddie has updated and they advised a reset. So follow this:

On your smartphone, open the Galaxy Wearable app.

Select Watch Settings.

Select General.

Select Reset.

Select Reset again to confirm and start the reset process.

Then follow the process of returning the data back to your watch (it offers this as a one press solution). The new app downloads, installs and then go back through your smartphone to set up.

I sent a bug error because I had the same problem and the response was that I had to allow personalised settings. It took a few minutes but it has resolved the issue for me... good luck guys and gals

no3star4ever
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had resetted my watch before I post and it did not work for me but after reading your comment I reset my watch this morning, only this time I skip backing up my watch and install from back up file...guess what? SMART CADDIE is functioning again! I just got to try and see at the actual course that it is working.
Only thing I don't understand from your comment is allowing personalized settings? Can you elaborate on this?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey, everyone! Please update the application, that should resolve the symptoms. The new update on the SmartCaddie app is in the Play Store on the watch.  Once updated the app should be working correctly.

Latest version:

·        7/30 released

·        2.1.5 version

How to check on the watch:

·        Run Smart Caddie app from GW5

·        Main screen -> press the Setting option

o   Scroll down for App Info

o   Check Current Version

If the current version is not 2.1.5, you can update by going into the Play Store.

1.      On the GW5 App screen, search Play Store

2.      Type in Smart Caddie and search

3.      Update to latest