Galaxy watch 6 series battery drain on Bluetooth and LTE devices

(Topic created: 08-09-2023 12:10 AM)
fadiabuazzeh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

I have been using the watch for three days now; below is my first impression:

• The watch was fully charged and kept off for one day; the battery was 75% when turned on. Weirdly, it will drain even if it is off.
  • First day of use, always on display off, adaptive brightness active, the battery lasts for 8 hours.
  • Today, I took the watch from the charger, which was 100% at 7:30 am; now it is 11:00 am, and the battery is 83%. The clock shows that the battery's remaining life is  10:33 hours. 

Is this normal? Is anyone facing the same? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
tktawanda
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I did that before and just now and shows the battery as normal. My watch 5 has the same settings but lasts over a day. I have resorted to using my watch 5 instead
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
In Battery Device Care what does it say that is eating your battery?

You can &<
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am getting like 30 hrs on my 6classic 43mm!

When all else fails factory reset will fix things.
You should have a back up in Smart Switch!
Look to see what your latest back up is in settings in the Wearable app.
Settings accounts backups, it willntell you your latest backnup

0 Likes
tc8510
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
On the watch, switch your mobile network from "Always On" to "Auto" it will use Bluetooth to connect to phone network and switch to mobile when you are away from the phone. You should see a drastic improvement!
0 Likes
Ramolo
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been noticing that the Galaxy 6 watch classics batteries. Not the best. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips and tricks to making it last longer. I've watched a lot of YouTube videos on tips and tricks. But still the battery life is not the best and I just got it a day ago. 
Sec1Dave
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
If it's a new watch, wait till it adjusts after few days
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
It takes a week for the watch to learn your habits
winegirl1968
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
And anytime there is an update, it takes a few days to relearn.
Samtech
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

The Galaxy 6 watch series has lower battery life than the previous one, with 30 or 40 hours depending on the Always On display mode. Some factors that affect the battery are the screen brightness, the background apps, the GPS mode, and the temperature sensor.

To extend the battery life of your Galaxy 6 watch classic, you can:

• Turn off the Always On display mode or shorten the screen timeout. Go to Settings > Display on your watch.
  • Lower the screen brightness or use the adaptive brightness. Swipe down from the top and adjust the brightness or tap the sun icon.
  • Disable the temperature sensor or use it less. Go to Settings > Sensors on your watch.
  • Close the apps you don’t use or limit the background apps. Press the Home button and swipe to see the recent apps, then tap the X icon to close them. Or go to Settings > Apps > Battery > Background activity manager and select the apps to restrict.
  • Turn off the GPS mode or use it only when needed. Go to Settings > Connections > Location on your watch and toggle the switch off. Or choose the battery saving mode, which uses Wi-Fi and Bluetooth instead of GPS.
  • Use the power saving mode or the sleep mode when you don’t need the full watch features. Swipe down from the top and tap the battery icon or the moon icon. The power saving mode will disable some features and reduce the watch performance, while the sleep mode will turn off the screen and the sensors, except the heart rate monitor.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions or feedback. 😊

userGcGuDUt8Z5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I put mine on power saving, turned off always on, and I get 40 to 44 hours on a charge.
0 Likes