JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Help with Gestures and Bixby on the Galaxy watch 5

(Topic created: 03-11-2023 07:25 AM)
TJRGHR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have had an issue since before December and no one is helping me I have the insurance and it doesn't seem to matter because still no one is helping me I am not a computer person so when they send me a note try to do this I can't do it and I've told them this but they don't seem to care I said please tell me where I can bring the watch in to be fixed they've done nothing so if anyone out there know some place for me to call for help for my watch five that would be amazing to the people who work in this area you all suck and I hope something very sad and horrible happens to you that have tried helping me because you know you have no Ambitions to help or care to help a woman who is unable to help herself and this only happened to me since my son has passed but no one cares the fact that I have a Samsung flip phone Samsung phone and a Samsung watch means I've spent thousands of dollars on equipment that people won't help me fix

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with your watch not setting alarms using Bixby and your watch not waking with Gestures. I would be happy to look into this further for you. Your watch is smart enough to know when to turn itself on and off. You can also manually change these wake-up settings to fit your preferences. However, if certain silent modes are turned on, such as Good night mode, the watch screen may not wake up when the wrist you're wearing the watch on is raised. Please follow the guidelines below to learn how to use wake-up gestures and adjust the feature's settings: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01003202/

The wait is over. Google Assistant is now available on the Galaxy Watch4 and Watch5! Now you’ll have another handy assistant who can help you with your daily tasks, such as setting alarms or timers, making reminders, and even controlling music! Just give it your command, and Google Assistant will be happy to oblige.  Give this link a try for steps to set the Google Assistant on your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00090782/

If you have tried troubleshooting provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, as the previous members stated, I would recommend taking your device to an authorized service center. Give this link a try to locate an authorized service center: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
11 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
What is wrong with your watch?
0 Likes
TJRGHR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I turn my wrist to look at the watch it does not turn on I have to tap it twice or press the button that is the first thing the second thing is that when I try to use Bixby when I ask it to set an alarm or a timer it tells me that " alarms for specific dates are not supported" these are very basic things for the watch and for this watch not to do it makes me crazy
0 Likes
TJRGHR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Do you work for the company?
0 Likes
Turdle2008
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
No but we Samsung users try to help one another, if he did it would show onto of all the others, and I'm sorry for your son and watch, us humans now have a shorter attention span so I recommend not writing a whole paragraph, and not all of us have a samsung watch because we aren't that rich, I would also recommend searching up on what you want to do in Google which does show steps and procedures, or it will show YouTube videos for indepth understanding.
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
No, I don't work for the company. I like to try to help people. That's what this forum is for.
Do you have lift to wake turned on, go to settings on your watch. Pull down from top, tap settings, tap display, scroll to rais
e to wake, toggle it on.
As Bixby, I don't use it, I use Google assistant.
0 Likes
TJRGHR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Can I delete Bixby off the watch and how would I set up Google?
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

f you need in-person help you you can do a Google Search for Ubreakfix which is the brick and morter authorized Samsung service center or even bring the watch into Best Buy as the Samsung Ambassadors there will be glad to help you understand the watches function and steps to setup, reset etc. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
TJRGHR
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was told by Samsung there was no dealership or anything in my area that would help me that I could go into also since I don't leave my home I'd have to have someone I trusted do this for me but thank you Best Buy is a great idea I had no idea that it worked on Samsung and use their insurance thank you
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't think that Best Buy will physically service the watch if you didn't buy it there but you could call and ask.  Since it's likely just a setup issue the folks at the Samsung counter in Best Buy will likely just help you with that... they're geeky that way 😉 

I would still Google Ubreakfix as those service centers are popping up all the time and Samsung's list may not be up to date. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes