JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Name of alarm doesn't show on watch?

(Topic created: 10-04-2023 11:03 PM)
CSchveder74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a lot of different alarms, and on my old Galaxy watch, it used to display the name of the alarm when it sounded.  Now that I have the Galaxy Watch 5 (or at least recently?) I'm noticing that it doesn't show the name of the alarm.  Is there a setting that I can modify so that I can see WHICH alarm is sounding?

11 Replies
CSchveder74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Not if I'm setting the alarm to remind myself to do something.  I may very well forget what it was that I was reminding myself to do.  Then I have to pull my phone out to see what the alarm reminder is for.  Besides, some of my recurring alarms are close to each other, and I don't want to have to THINK about which one it is.  I should be able to see it.  The old Galaxy watch showed it on the display.  Why doesn't this one?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your alarms not showing the names and would be happy to look into this further for you. Are you setting the alarm on your watch or phone?

After verifying on our watch, the name showed, but it was small, can you verify the name isn't small underneath the alarm?

Have you had an update to your watch recently?

0 Likes
Members_wQPMdrN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just had a recent update and now my alarm names aren't showing up. In the box it says alarm name, like you tap it to see the name but that just turns it off. I set my alarms on my android phone and do not have a watch. I have no idea why this happened but I do use my alarms as reminders on things I need to get done and would like to see the actual name or description on my phone. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
CSchveder74
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The alarms are set on my phone.  There is no name displayed at all on the watch.  Just the time.  No recent updates.

0 Likes
LuvAndroid
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi there Samsung Reps,

My phone ALARMS just started having the SAME PROBLEM as the person "CSchver74" is having.
I too have many alarms and need to know which alarm is going off without having to unlock my phone and viewing which alarm REMINDER is ringing.
Id greatly appreciate your help pls.

BTW....this prob only started a few days ago after my s20 phone did an auto update.
0 Likes
LuvAndroid
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Actually I have identical prob as "Members_wQPMdrN" explained. Pls help. Tks
0 Likes
Mrdsg2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem. Very annoying. Problem started since last update. 

It makes the Alarms not practical.

Pls help

0 Likes
ukbuckeye
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

After updating my watch a few days ago, the add name to alarm screen during alarm setup is just blank now.  seems to be an update bug

MISSG72
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem here ... very annoying indeed. Only happens on lock screen. I tap the "nameless " alarm and it disappears.

I use alarms to set remiinders too. Please sort this. Latest update caused this. 

0 Likes