JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 46mm LTE / One UI 5 Issues...

(Topic created: 10-03-2023 01:00 PM)
Boiler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

After the One IU 5 update my GW 4 has been VERY UNRELIABLE... I've done everything recommended here and elsewhere... 
- Cleared partition
- Full back-up / reset
- Issue of NO NETWORK is somewhat better 
Upon reset/restore it took MANY attempts to restore which told me connection was un-reliable/un-stable. Getting ATT number sync set back up was just as problematic. Once it was all restored and 'stable' I noticed fewer issues like these pics, but the issue is NOT gone. 

Prior to One UI 5 these issues did NOT exist... What does this tell this engineer?! 
- Either there is a bug in One UI 5 OR... 
- GW 4 isn't capable of performing with the load that this update puts on it
- everything here tells me it isn't a device issue

Does sharing here do me ANY GOOD🤷‍:male_sign: 

Does anyone review these and initiate a trouble ticket😏...

Or does Sammy simply assume users will update/upgrade to the newest device to avoid an issue?! My GW4 is less than 2 mo old and a warranty replacement for my OG Galaxy Watch (Tizen) with a total screen failure. 

We need to be heard / taken care of IF Sammy expects us to remain loyal customers... 

Anyone, anyone?! Beuhler?! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concerns with the watch not functioning as expected after the update and would be happy to look into this further for you. As @DAN003 stated, I would recommend reaching out to your carrier as the device is not making connection with their network when using LTE. 

As you have tried all the troubleshooting steps available, the next step I would recommend is submitting an error report. This will allow our team of engineers to review the symptoms you are experience with your watch since the update. Give this link a try for the proper steps to submit an error report: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Samsung-Apps-and-Services/How-to-submit-an-error-report/td-p/247...

If you continue to experience these symptoms after contacting your carrier and submitting an error report, I would recommend taking your device to one of our Authorized Walk-in Service center, so they can get a hands-on look at the symptoms you are experiencing. Please use this link to locate a Samsung Authorized service center: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
sjharris
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've had battery issues since that update that did not exist before! I have a GW 4.
DAN003
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try going to your carrier
0 Likes
Boiler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Help me understand what my carrier may (or may not...) have to do with a OS update issue?
0 Likes
DAN003
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
carriers play a role in when and how those updates are delivered to your device. I would recommend going to your carrier or calling samsung directly with a representative
0 Likes
G-dude
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Incorrect. The updates roll thru Samsung's servers, so samsung will have to deal with this error
Boiler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
That was my thinking... It's also their bug or premature roll-out NOT the carrier as I see it
Boiler
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
When is past / how is via Samsung Gear - still not sure how contacting AT&T could affect anything here after the fact. I don't see a logical path to resolution on your reply...?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've went to the carrier and they've tried everything and yet to come up with a solution.. Their engineering department is on it.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've been having issues with my device since One UI 5 update also. It's not connecting to VoLTE services that my network provides. So I'm not able to call/text or receive call/texts remotely. 🤷🏾‍:male_sign:
0 Likes