cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Shame on Samsung! You released a brand new device that doesn't work and you have not come up with a solution to fix it? But you took our money .... Right? Ok. My device is going back!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungMod23 wrote:

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

as with others...this did not work.

for those that seem to have it working, can you let us know what version of Tizen you are running and anything else that might help us to diagnose what the issue is (lets at least try to help Samsung out a little...)

here is mine...  for reference, i pre-ordered and received last Thursday

Tizen: 4.0.0.0

SW Ver:  R800XXU1BRH3 

Knox: 2.3.0

SE For Tizen 2.0.0

TIMA 3.0.0

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

All mine are the same except my SW is R810XXU1BRH3

My steps take a little while to catch up, but they are accurate. I do notice that my watch face causes issues. It will go back to the original and start counting steps all over again on the main watch screen. When I first took it out of the box it was not couting at all. I did a reset and an update did occur so I'm not sure if it was the software that updated or just the S Health which I know that updated to 5.17.2.009. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung... could these downloaded watch faces be causing lag in step counting?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@AngelRyder wrote:

All mine are the same except my SW is R810XXU1BRH3

My steps take a little while to catch up, but they are accurate. I do notice that my watch face causes issues. It will go back to the original and start counting steps all over again on the main watch screen. When I first took it out of the box it was not couting at all. I did a reset and an update did occur so I'm not sure if it was the software that updated or just the S Health which I know that updated to 5.17.2.009. 

Interesting.  I have the 46mm and my sw version is R800XXU1BRH3.   Do you have the 42mm or 46?  If you have the 46, then wondering hownto force the new software down.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do not know if it has any significance... But my watch counts steps when in power save mode. Don't know why but I discovered it by accident. I hope this is helpful.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bought my Galaxy watch the weekend it was released, step count has been screwy ever since, sometimes counting too few steps, but mostly not counting them at all.  I have gone back to wearing my FitBit to accurately count steps.

I just had something odd happen that may be noteworthy.  My watch hasn't counted steps in the past 4 hours, but it just disconnected from  Bluetooth to my phone (I walked away from my phone) and it started counting steps.

Would Bluetooth somehow be affecting step counts? 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for this suggestion but it's not helping. We would like to know when would this update come out.

Just got off the phone with Samsung Customer service and according to them there is no reports that there is anything wrong with the watch. And to get the update or find out when it will come out I would need to call Google to see if there is an update that they will be releasing for the Galaxy Watch.

This watch is definitely going back. Samsung is not responsible for their broken devices.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem.  I spoke with Samsung through a chat two days ago and I returned my Galaxy watch today.  I have another one now.  The count compared to my Fitbit One (which seems to always be very accurate) were wildly off on this new one as well. I find I have to walk more than 15 steps for the steps to begin to register.  Anytime you stop the count starts over after 15 more steps. I walked the treadmill tonight and it recorded my time as treadmill exercise but didn't count one step.  Maybe I just don't understand how the treadmill button is suppose to work. Today the new watch was about 44% accurate compared to my Fitbit. With the watch I returned today I logged from 39% accuracy to 50%a accuracy.  I have reset, tried the tricks with the rowing button and elipitical and nothing.  I turned off power saving and it recorded no steps at all.  I think I'm going to give up and return this one as well.  It's too bad since I like many of the features.