JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 04-17-2019 12:10 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
userxYst5qxLrG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Why still no solution from Samsung? I bought my Watch late December, and some weeks ago, this problem started. Remote support is completely unable to solve the situation. Where is Samsung?
Options
Galaxy Watch

What are you talking about? According the thread title, this issue is solved Smiley Frustrated

userl86PBwdrIA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
It was never ever solved :)) Samsung just said that this is expected and 'does not work' by design:))
aimisme
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

same problem here, from indonesia.

buy this galaxy watch for nothing, better buy g shock if galaxy watch only watch function.. yeah spend money for nothing, all of my household using samsung. dont think this watch is horrible!!! already taken the watch to samsung service center, re installed by the mechanic .. after 15 minutes the step counter and floor counter DIED.. so samsung please hear this all of your customer complaining, do not let your customer move to other brand. you may check my id ( product that i used from long time )

Manners maketh man
userEwxIDkF2SX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem here. Heart rate and step counter is not working anymore.

userwsNVL95Pgb
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am on my 3rd watch. The same problem with all of them.  None of he heatlth features work properly.  I returned my first watch to Verizon. When I called Verizon they told me it was a known problem They transferred me to Samsung.She said the same thing.  The second watch worked for about a week. Then stopped counting steps and undercounting by about 25%.  I returned the watch. I looked for other alternatives but I love the other  parts of the watch. The Gear S3 is just too massive.  I have had this watch for about 3 weeks it was fairly accurate until about a week ago and then stopped working.  I use the health feature on my Note 8. When I carry them together i is under countyiing by about 40 percent even though I don't carryii my phone all the time.  Samsung is silent on these forums. i do not think it is software or they would have frixed it. It is something with the watch itself.  So disappointed!!!!

userYrXiFcGl0U
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too have had multiple issues with both the heart rate monitor and the step count as well as the GPS. My wife has the new Galaxy active. When we take walks we will do the exact same walk started GPS at the exact same time. And in around a 4-mile walk sometimes less her GPS will gain or I should say mine loses one tenth of a mile or more compared to hers. Constantly during workouts and when I say workouts I mean walking. Heart monitor will either just stop, tell me to adjust but usually what it ends up doing is spiking. Meaning that I will be in a heart range between 111 and 122 and then all of a sudden between seconds to a minute it'll go anywhere from 140 s to 179.then the numbers go black and the heart rate monitor stops I just get the two lines blinking. Occasionally I can get it to restart by either turning to the widget and measuring it manually. Or pausing it which throws off my step count and GPS. And only occasionally works. Which is a real hassle during a workout and inefficient. Also on the same walks with my wife having the Galaxy active and me having the 46 mm Galaxy. With both of us doing the exact same walk no deviance. on a 4-mile walk she can gain as much as fifteen hundred or more steps on me. Her watch isn't perfect either it goes out on walks often as well the heart monitor that is. It doesn't seem to spike and then go out it just goes out. Sometimes during sleep the heart monitor will go out and I will have a 32 to 45 minute gap between sleep periods meaning to separate sleep periods for the night, one will show the REM and all that with the heart monitor and the other one will just be the awake movement because the heart monitor wasn't active. Is very frustrating and considering how much all of us have spent on these devices. And complaint after complaint is unheard or at least not acknowledged... As far as agreeing with you on the heart monitor if I manually measure it, it usually seems pretty accurate especially when I compared with my Galaxy phone. but like I said when I'm on a walk and it starts spiking and it the 160s to 170s at the exact same time I can measure it on my phone and I will be in between 111 beats and 122 beats. The steps can seem fairly accurate as long as you keep moving and don't stop. Not perfect but close. But if you stop both GPS and steps get all messed up. While individual tests/checks such as steps heart rate GPS may seem okay on the surface under ideal circumstances. But in real world use there's constant issues. That should have and need to be resolved. While your experience may not be the same as mine or the thousands of other users. I find the dismissiveness and lack of acknowledment of any issue very narrow-minded. just because it's Sunny at your house doesn't mean it isn't raining at mine. and to Samsung while I acknowledge this is not an EKG device nor military-grade equipment. I do expect some consistency with the way things work and fairly accurate/consistent result. Samsung please acknowledge, work on and fix these issues. You're better than this.

userF5lX6tuTS0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
It does not work now since the last update.
Duc7789
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wow so many issues on different topics too, but this pedometer and the HR issue has me seriously rethinking purchasing this watch. I just had my Fitbit Ionic die in a mear 16 months but it worked pretty good and was accurate as far as I could tell on distance, steps and HR. But they won't stand behind their product so I was almost putting down my creditcard for this one! Sounds like the situation is almost worse here.

Is there anyone on the forums reading these issues that actually is happy with their Samsung GW or even satisfied? The Youtube reviews are good but I wonder if that is because Samsung would stop sending  them products if they did bad reviews?

Not sure what to do here opinions welcome, Samsung any comments?

Options
Galaxy Watch

If accurate step count and HR are important to you, then ABSOLUTELY DO NOT BUY this watch! I've had 2 S3 Frontiers and a Galaxy Watch, and they all miss about 20 percent of my steps over the course of a day. HR is hit and miss. The floor counter is the worst sensor of them all. I live at altitude, so I've always assumed it had something to do with that, but I'm up and down 2 flights of stairs all day long, and none of these watches ever registered more than 1 flight of stairs climbed in a day and much more often it was 0 flights. I'm fairly confident that all of this could be fixed in software, but despite thousand of people complaining about all of these things on their own forum, Samsung refuses to even acknowledge that there is a problem. I've learned my lesson. I will never buy another Samsung wearable. Now I'm just trying to save as many other people from wasting their money as I can.