cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkN3gX3WZgT
Asteroid

Re: UPDATE to correct Galaxy Watch Pedometer?????

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung updated their Gear Plug-in, but that's all I've seen. The weird part is, my 42mm has started counting really close to what my cellphone tracks. The Galaxy's step count is slightly higher because it's worn all the time, except for charging. Has anyoe else seen an improvement? 

Galaxy Watch= 2627 steps

Cellphone=        2485 steps.

Three days ago the difference would have been a 10-20 percent deficit in the watch's count. Now, it seems to be working. I wonder if there's a mechanical issue that "fixed" itself, as I haven't done any experiments or other tinkering with the software or watch. That's very unlikely, but better than what I had.

Just tried it again and this time the watch buffered the first steps and then kept counting even with brief pauses in movement.

I don't know what to think. How many of the total buyers of Galaxy Watch have samples that perform flawlessly? I wish they'd get on the forum, as everyone here has a problem with their watch. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very happy that your watch is working! Mine is still not ..

userbz3mCsJpU4
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I play a lot of tennis, probably at least five days a week for at least 1.5 hours each day. Any tennis player knows that there's a lot of stop and go involved in the game. As a result, many of my steps are not counted. I keep waiting for a fix, as my steps are way undercounted compared to my Gear Fit2 Pro.

Come on Samsung. Please correct this prolem ASAP. 

uservYKuuV5DTo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just purchased an LTE version from Verizon yesterday. 42mm black. Same problem. In the last couple hours my phone has recorded 700 steps. My watch 142. I've walked a whole lot more with my watch than with my phone. For now I have removed step count from my watch face... in order to keep my stress meter down haha. But this is very sad that samsung cannot correct the problem almost 2 months later. 

usere9iAdHGWu1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They are denying there is a problem. 

It is working the way it's been programmed. They've done a horrible job with the step counter.

I would imagine they'll fix it eventually, but I wouldn't expect it any time soon.

Birdymom
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My watch is in for the second time.   They replaced the motion sensor, a motherboard and updated the software twice.  Today they emailed us that the parts are back ordered and would let us know when they come in.  So are they throwing everything at the problem and hoping something works resulting in back ordered parts?  People shouldn't buy this watch.  I am using my Gear S2 and my Neos as backup.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We would love to know your outcome. Please keep us updated. Thank you.

Birdymom
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They sent a text yesterday saying they were sending the watch back without it being fixed due to parts unavailablity.  Today they left a message saying that they would refund the purchase without the tax, or I could wait until the parts came in at an indefinite time.  I requested the check.  What Fitbits do you use?  I really like something that has a good clock and the fitness both.  Thanks everybody.

userfqnwaYnokt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use the Fitbit Alta HR. It has everything I need given that I also wear a Galaxy Watch. I like the fact that it’s small so it doesn’t look like I’m using two watches. 

It it is relatively inexpensive and consequently comes with potential negatives for those looking for more out of their wearable. There aren’t many watch face choices, it’s monotone, it’s not waterproof, the notification vibrations are weak and it doesn’t count floors. In spite of this, I love the fact that it uses Fitbit’s software and is very capable capturing measurables.

There are way more capable Fitbits out there so you can certainly pick one that most closely suits your wants and needs. 

Birdymom
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still haven't received my refund but got an email that they are working on it.

I bought it for the pedometer, and it doesn't work so why wait for parts indefinitely.