JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone paired with hearing aids and watch

(Topic created: 03-24-2022 11:16 AM)
rosm2004
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have an Active 2 and Samsung Note 10+ phone and love both.

I have recently been fitted with some hearing aids that are connected to my phone and have been trying two different brands. With the first pair, I was able to receive phone calls, hear the caller, and talk directly through my hearing aids. With the second brand, however, I can only hear the caller through my aids but have to use my phone to actually pick up the call and talk.

I can still pick up the call on my watch and I can hear the caller through my hearing aid but the caller cannot hear me if I talk to my watch, so I have to use the phone. It seems the hearing aids turn off the phone functionality on my watch. 

Is there any way around this?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration of being able to hear the customer when using your watch but not being able to respond. After further research, I am not able to find any compatibility for your hearing aids and our Galaxy line of watches. I would recommend reaching out to the hearing aid developers for further compatibility information and assistance. The only information I was able to locate was the smartphone compatibility list: https://www.starkey.com/hearing-aids/apps/thrive-hearing-control/compatibility

View solution in context

5 Replies
IFly
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Brands of hearing aids in play here would help immensely
rosm2004
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm so sorry for the late response. I had forgotten that I had posted here and missed any notifications.

It's a Starkey Evolv AI hearing aid. I have a CROS in one ear and 2400 in the other. 

0 Likes
IFly
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry but have no experience with your setup. Are you using Smart Things app? May help but don't really know.
0 Likes
rosm2004
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Starkey has its own app, called Thrive. It connects the phone and the hearing aid to manage things like volume and program settings, and also has monitors stuff like steps, which I don't use because my Galaxy watch does it so much better (it credits me with more steps than Thrive does lol).

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration of being able to hear the customer when using your watch but not being able to respond. After further research, I am not able to find any compatibility for your hearing aids and our Galaxy line of watches. I would recommend reaching out to the hearing aid developers for further compatibility information and assistance. The only information I was able to locate was the smartphone compatibility list: https://www.starkey.com/hearing-aids/apps/thrive-hearing-control/compatibility