Original topic:

Samsung apps running in the background

(Topic created: 10-20-2023 11:25 AM)
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Wearable Music, SOS, etc randomly run in the background on Galaxy Watch 4 even when I don't use the apps. I stop them from running in the background and lo and behold, they show up just minutes later running in the background again. This was never an issue before this one UI 5/Wear OS4 update. Samsung please, please fix this ASAP. 

80 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
When you say they're running in the background, do you mean they're showing up in your Recent apps list even after closing them? I believe some of the apps you mentioned need to run in the background in order to function properly.
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, in the Recents apps list. I close them and they come back. I can understand the media controller playing in the background when you're listening to music but what the  is Galaxy wearable music? I've never seen that app before this update ever. These apps that I mentioned running in the background even when I don't use the apps never made an appearance before this update.

David-NYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
A Samsung rep told me that Galaxy Wearable Music is used to sync music between your phone and watch, which I'm sure 99% of people don't need. It shows up for me even though I have all media sync OFF. I disabled it with developer mode/add as nothing else prevented it launching
0 Likes
Navneet Singh
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can you elaborate how to do it?

0 Likes
David-NYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Go to xdaforums.com and search for "watch4 ADB commands"
0 Likes
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yep. Watch by itself then the Watch and phone both with a Samsung rep Wednesday afternoon. Nothing he suggested worked.
0 Likes
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Nope. Bluetooth. Your instructions, is that on the phone or Watch?
0 Likes
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you very much for the time you spent here trying to help me, I will try this in a little bit and let you know!
JRStewart
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I cleared data and yep, after an hour the Galaxy Wearable Music app showed up again in Recents. As an example, the Smart Switch app synced and when it was finished it left the recents menu. Music Controller app disappeared as well when not in use.
Not sure what the heck is going on but my Galaxy Watch 3 may be put to use again. Much more reliable.
0 Likes