Original topic:

Samsungs New Watch 6 and 6 Classic

(Topic created: 08-12-2023 04:29 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

GW6Classic-family-01-configurator-800x600.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 is the latest smartwatch from Samsung, and it's packed with new features and improvements. Both sizes have a Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels.

The Galaxy Watch 6 is powered by the new Exynos W930 chipset, which offers a significant performance boost over the previous generation. The watch also has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.

In terms of health features, the Galaxy Watch 6 has a number of new additions, including an ECG sensor, a blood oxygen sensor, and a body composition sensor. The watch also has a new sleep tracking feature that provides more detailed insights into your sleep patterns. Health Features Including

Advanced Sleep Coaching, ECG / Irregular Heart Rhythm Notification, Personalized Heart Rate Zones, BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis), Skin Temperature / Cycle Tracking and Blood Oxygen

The Galaxy Watch 6 runs on Google's Wear OS 4 operating system, which means you can access a wide range of apps and services on the watch. The watch is also compatible with Samsung's One UI Watch software, which offers a number of customization options.

The Galaxy Watch 6 is available for purchase now, and prices start at 299.99 for the 40mm and 329.99 for the 44mm and for the Watch 6 Classic with its rotating bezel 399.99 for the 43mm and 429.99 for the 47mm before trade in

Colors for the Watch 6 are Gold, Silver and Graphite and for the Classis are Black and Silver

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
111 Replies
Lobonca
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you for your observation. I understand where you are coming from.
0 Likes
Radiomark
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would like to see Samsung add GMT itself as an available time zone in the World Clock.

Also, I upgraded from the Galaxy Watch to the Galaxy Watch 6 Classic. This has been a nice jump/upgrade for me. It's a very nice Watch with a wonderful bunch of features.
Legal_arbitration
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

no it is trash... it cannot do standalone... but the last update it looks like stopped burning peoples flesh on their arms. lte version is only a "number_share" buddy... smartwatch 4 could be used as  a standalone cell device not the smartwatch 6 #downgrade

0 Likes
rugby49
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just a quick reivew on the 6 47mm Classic.  Traded in the 5 Pro for the much missed rotating bezel.  First thing I noticed was the increase and size and the screen was much better on the 6. AOD is turned off everything else I left alone for now.   I just received it Wednesday and used it for two days.  Had a couple of problems but similar problems also occurred on the Watch 4 and 5.  First problem was downloading music to the watch from both YouTube and Amazon.  WiFi was turned on and bluetooth was running.  About 2 hours later no music was downloaded.  What I had to do was turn off Bluetooth so the watch consistently used Wifi.  I found that with Bluetooth on WiFi would just stop and both services download over WiFi only apparently (the 5 Pro was like this also).  Second problem I had was I started an exercise just shut down after starting.  I started the app to record a general weight lifting exercise and remember hearing the beeps on startup.  20 minutes later I check the watch and the app was not running so the time was not recorded.  This also happened a few times on the 5 Pro, very infrequent.  I did one 90 minute exercise yesterday using GPS and music, no phone with me.  The battery was at 93% when I started and finished at 68%.  25% used for GPS and music.  Most likely will be a daily charger for me, not a big deal.  The size for me at 47mm is probably the biggest I would go for my wrist.  The 6 Classic is not as thick as the 5 Pro so it is more comfortable to wear.  Other than the smaller battery I really like the changes Samsung did this year.

MarkC609
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
rugby49, thank you for posting your initial impressions/issues with the Watch 6 Classic. I myself am very excited to mine soon. šŸ˜ŽšŸ‘
etg74
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got the Galaxy watch 6 44mm I like the new design just wanting to know opions on the watch thanks 
userZRZefxf52M
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just upgraded to the 6 Classic 47mm from the Watch 4 44mm. I love it. Bigger, brighter, clear very snappy compared to the 4. Battery ehhh but I am using AOD but that may be turned off soon.

But I think it's a nice upgrade. Hardware and software wise. Plus I missed the rotating bezel, so glad to have that back.
etg74
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got the 44 mm battery life not so great but the design and hardware is a lot faster
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch
Gorgeous super fast and Snappy best screen and thank God for the return of the classic rotating bezel20230812_122318_1000001661_1691868199.jpg20230810_131552_1000001592_1691698552.jpgIMG_20230807_144821_003_1000001258_1691444901.jpgIMG_20230807_144821_052_1000001256_1691444901.jpg
etg74
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
The 44 mm is good no rotating bezel on my 6 but love the screen super bright and it's quick the 5 pro was a little sluggish but good
0 Likes